2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Fact is that there are more Villa/Liverpool/Spurs/Scum fans on here than there are other clubs, as such they're going to be discussed more because there's more interest. Let's not act as though we've not had to trawl through countless posts about how a Liverpool player is definitely staying because they said something vague in an interview with the foreign media.

Oh and we're on the verge of signing Luke Murphy for £1m... strange we should actually spend money on the day that Bates stops being chairman.

Who's side are you on!? :angry:

Norwich and Swansea City both agreed a fee with Blues, and Redmond has opted to join the Canaries.

Interesting.

Anyhow, talks with Gomis are in advanced stages apparently and Bony is meeting with Huw Jenkins, happy days.

In Birmingham City news:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/birmingham-city-winger-nathan-redmond-4800673

We lose Nathan Redmond to Norwich for £3.2 Million. Would have hoped to have gotten more for him but, frankly, we need the money at the moment

Yeh I'm pretty surprised you only got 3.2mil, thought it was have been around the 5mil mark. Good signing for Norwich though.

Crewe's Luke Murphy is joining Leeds United on a three-year deal.

Andreas Cornelius' move to Cardiff is done. He'll be on a five-year contract with them.

Craig Forsyth has joined Watford from Derby County for an undisclosed fee. Watford also signed 18-year-old Uche Ikpeazu from Reading. He scored 28 goals in 28 games for Reading's U-18s.

Thomas Rogne has joined Owen Coyle at Wigan for an undisclosed fee. He'll be on a three-year deal.

Valentin Roberge and Modibo Diakite have joined Sunderland.

Edited by RafaelFms

There's absolutely no need for a rumours only thread btw guys. Just deal with it, and look forward to me and HTTK linking every player to Arsenal once we start spending our fortune, no joke on nothing.

Now, has Cesar signed yet? :shifty:

• Like 2

Julio Cesar to Arsenal just needs an announcement. It's pretty much done.

And Perchinho is going to Wigan for £700K. A sad, sad day. :(

Swansea signed Gregor Zabret from NK Domzale. Who?

Spurs are closing in on a £15m double deal for Dinamo Zagreb's Alen Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj. Halilovic is pretty good already, I don't know about Jedvaj.

Hull are close to signing Richard Dunne on a free.

Blackpool have accepted a £8m offer for Tom Ince.

Edited by RafaelFms

Yeah, separating Rumours and confirmed is as ridiculous as separating Fifa and Dragons.

Ant's probably got the message about the Villa stuff. Let's not get to the point where we stop a football fan posting on a forum.

Would be a great signing for Arsenal to be fair. I'm just shocked to be seeing them throwing their financial weight towards transfers for once.

The top 3 all have new managers and Arsenal seem to be set to join the big spenders, I'm so psyched for the season! :w00t:

I think it's gonna be a quality season. If Spurs can strengthen considerably and retain Bale & Liverpool pick up where the left off last season, we could well have 6 teams all having a decent chance of competing from anywhere between 1st & 4th. Throw in Everton and usually one wildcard of a team who will over perform (West Brom, Swansea, Newcastle?) and we could have a cracking season.

Bender would be a fantastic singing to be fair. Really excited about next season, a good goalkeeper, Cazorla to hopefully continue being awesome, Higuain upfront an maybe Bender too? Who'd say no to that?

It's frustrating that Arsenal are looking to do such fantastic business this season. We should have, arguably, finished in the top 4 last season, because on paper, I think we have a better team than Arsenal. But the kind of business Arsenal are looking to do this season is intimidating. With a manager who knows how to finish in the top 4 every season, I think Arsenal have a lot to be excited about this season if all these rumours start coming off.

I think Arsenal have much better players in certain positions than spurs but there's no consistency across the pitch. If we had too quality players in all areas and learned to play at a consistent level we'd be a much bigger threat. I'm not saying we're knocking on the door of league champions or anything but a cup is definitely there for the taking. That's what's so frustrating.

• Like 1

\

Spurs are closing in on a £15m double deal for Dinamo Zagreb's Alen Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj. Halilovic is pretty good already, I don't know about Jedvaj.

This is important because there was a distressing lack of Croatians last season.

I'd actually argue that there's not much difference at all in the Starting XI of Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool. Chelsea are only marginally ahead.

Consistency is what separates them all.

I dunno. It's a really hard thing to judge, and probably a silly thing to discuss. I'd definitely have Lloris, Walker (well, maybe), Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Lennon & Bale ahead of any the players in Liverpool and Arsenal in their position. Of course, I'd happily welcome Carzola, Walcott, Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge into the Spurs team, but I do think we have a very good side. I just think getting used to AVB hurt us at the start of the season, and our inability to break down smaller teams really hurt us. I think we're a few signings away from being a fantastic side.

But, those signings will obviously have less impact if Arsenal strengthen in the way their rumoured, and if Liverpool's signings turn out more like Coutinho and a little less like Borini (who could well come into his own in the season, cos there's definitely some quality there).

\

This is important because there was a distressing lack of Croatians last season.

Yeah, I miss Kranjcar. :(