2013 Summer Transfer Thread

There are two other ways you can take the "only target" thing.

1) It doesn't mean anything, rather he's keeping our our interests secret as we usually would (aka "shut up and leave us alone, media types").

2) It's to underline to both United and Rooney himself that we're serious about the transfer, which might convince Rooney to push things along or some such. Or at the very least boost his ego (you know, more so).

We're seriously retreading on old material now.

And in that vein...(:shifty:)...here's another bunch of Very Obviously Targeted At Someone In Particular quotes from Mourinho in today's Kuala Lumpur press conference:

"Normally for a player to go from the national team, a player to be selected for his country, normally, the player must be a first choice player in the club, he must play very regular with the club and I think that's the big motivation if they are thinking about the World Cup.

"So any player that wants to go to the World Cup if they are a second choice in their club, they are in trouble. This is a crucial year for that and probably many national team coaches are worried because they want their players to play regular in their teams.

"So I think this is like a combination. You must play for me, to play for you. You must play for you, to play for me. So I think they have to share this situations."