2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Can anybody else see Mancini going to Barca?

I'd be very surprised. Even if they don't go for someone who'll keep the current system in place, a change to Mancinis way of play would be massive.

Add me to the list of people who cannot see Mancini at Barca. I can only really see him managing in England/Italy/replacing whoever actually gets the Barca job.

And I meant what reasoning is there that can make someone so sure that Pellegrini will fuck it up? I'm actually genuinely curious.

Its another internal appointment at Barcelona isnt it?

And City are rumoured to be in for a winger from Benfica (I dont remember his name) for £26 million.

EDIT - Eduardo Salvio.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Laudrup? He could be an outside chance for the Barca job, maybe Bielsa. I can see it likely being another internal appointment

Football Manager Barca manager logic would indicate: Bielsa, Rafa, Arsene Wenger (who would be replaced by Tony Pulis at Arsenal) or Martin O'Neil.

Add me to the list of people who cannot see Mancini at Barca. I can only really see him managing in England/Italy/replacing whoever actually gets the Barca job.

And I meant what reasoning is there that can make someone so sure that Pellegrini will fuck it up? I'm actually genuinely curious.

I just hate the guy.

Actually BIelsa could be a good shout to manage Barcelona, don't think he'd want to do it but anyway

Edited by Khain

..Why wouldn't they just appoint the assistant manager?

Could be that after he filled in last year he doesnt want it full time and is happier with less responsibilities. Plus Rubi might have been earmarked as a future successor and this has just fastracked it.

Im hoping they go external though. Much more exciting :P

I kinda want them to appoint somebody that's just gonna change the style drastically. Yeah, I know, Cruyff and all that, but since Bayern are gonna be the all-consuming tiki taka club now, it'd be interesting to see them just go in a totally different direction.