The Great Pokémon Challenge (Playthrough Game!)

Katsuya

Okay, so Update #1: I'm on my way to Rustboro, but I've already gotten a basic team already of Water-types.

Strom, the Mudkip. He's Level 10 right now, and the only remnant of my (very) short-lived plan to name all of my Pokemon after terms associated with water.

GeorgLopez, the Lotad. Also Level 10, and the beginning of my "don't give a crap, only if they're funny" naming scheme. For those that don't recognize it, it's a Game Grumps reference.

Merrill, the Marill. Level 7 as of my save.

Seagull, the Wingull, Level 4.

• Like 1

So until I get 16 badges, I have 7 Pokemon I can use, only one of them isn't absolutely fucked against Water (and then grass makes Corsola it's bitch) and two of those have trade evolutions I can't access... Rock is awful :(

At least I can then finally get Tyranitar for the battle against Red.

Oh well, let's get this game going I guess

EDIT:

PokemonGold_03_zps68f34895.png

I bet you can see where I'm going with this...

PokemonGold_05_zps6b4b6993.png

Since I haven't had an assigned type yet I've started up anyway. Basically I'm dicking around Viridian City, just leveling random pokemon, and hoping that I don't get either of the types of the two starter pokemon I arbitrarily didn't pick. :shifty:

Knowing my luck I'll get Electric and have to work with Pikachu alone all the way until...um, Jolteon? Or maybe Magnemite just before the Rock Tunnel. ¬_¬

Or Voltorb and yeah you're screwed with Pikachu against Brock.

I'm sure if I took 5 weeks out to level up a few Lv 30 pikachus in Viridian Forest I could just about scrape it. :shifty:

Knowing my luck I'll get Electric and have to work with Pikachu alone all the way until...um, Jolteon? Or maybe Magnemite just before the Rock Tunnel. ¬_¬

Or Voltorb and yeah you're screwed with Pikachu against Brock.

I'm sure if I took 5 weeks out to level up a few Lv 30 pikachus in Viridian Forest I could just about scrape it. :shifty:

That would work.

I got started today, naming my trainer Norm, get it?

Anyway, I ditched my starter(Bulbasaur) once I caght a level three Rattata that I named Bitey. Then I captured a lvl 3 Pidgey named Fethawayt. Both are lvl 10 after the Viridian Forrest. Now in Pewter City, beating Brock is going to be a bitch without a type advantage.

Oh Dwayne, what have you done...

So HeBro the GeoDUDE took down Falkner, and I traded a Bellsprout for an Onix named Rocky, going through Union Cave and the sudden realisation dawns on me... I picked Cyndaquil. No reason to be concerned usually, but now my rival is going to have a bloody Crocnaw after I wipe the floor with Bugsy >.<

Ok this is rather challenging. It took me a fuck-ton of potions just to beat the Jr. Trainer in the Gym using a level 10 Geodude and level 11 Sandshrew. Pidgey is now at level 12, with Rattata at level 10 still.

I'm broke and need more trainers to fight in order to level up enough to even give Brock a challenge. Problem is, I've beaten every trainer I can up to this point. If I try to go past Pewter, this pushy kid takes you to the Gym. My only option seems to be beating the hell out of level 3 wild Caterprie a million times.

Sorry, got caught up in work!

ill play platinum

Ground types! So Torterra it out.

Leaf Green!!

Fighting type. Good luck with Sabrina (though you do have Poliwrath at your disposal...) <_< it's Mankey first of all for you, I think.

I've been contemplating starting a new game. Let's go FireRed/LeafGreen.

Flying! Pidgey!

I will also play on FireRed!

Bug! Caterpie or Weedle!

Can I be really annoying and ask to start again with original Crystal? I won't have much time to play a DS but I'll be around a laptop to do some emulation.

No! <_<

Of course. Electric type! Which would be...erm...Mareep? I think you find that before Chinchou, anyway.