The Great Pokémon Challenge (Playthrough Game!)

Katsuya

Thank God I'm on Electric and not Steel for Gen 2. Also I've switched to Silver, if I'd stayed on Crystal I couldn't find an Electric Pokémon until 6 badges in.

I've already beaten Falkner, evolved Cyndaquil into Quilava to do so (giving my rival Totodile as a starter), now finally got a Mareep and have ditched Quilava.

The biggest hope I have of success is to get Raikou, if I can't do that then I'm waiting until Mahogany Town to get Magnemite, and pray I can work out a way to get Jolteon :(.

EDIT: Quick question, what do we do about HM moves that are required to move on in the game? Ain't no way I can get an Electric Pokémon with Surf :P

Thank God I'm on Electric and not Steel for Gen 2. Also I've switched to Silver, if I'd stayed on Crystal I couldn't find an Electric Pokémon until 6 badges in.

I've already beaten Falkner, evolved Cyndaquil into Quilava to do so (giving my rival Totodile as a starter), now finally got a Mareep and have ditched Quilava.

The biggest hope I have of success is to get Raikou, if I can't do that then I'm waiting until Mahogany Town to get Magnemite, and pray I can work out a way to get Jolteon :(.

EDIT: Quick question, what do we do about HM moves that are required to move on in the game? Ain't no way I can get an Electric Pokémon with Surf :P

In those situations, you're allowed an HM slave water-type to get you around some places, but you can never use it to battle etc.

Until I hear otherwise, I figure I'll just stick to the Johto/Kanto region. I started my game, named myself "Florian", and picked "Chikorita". Looking forward to catching my "Bellsprout", and defeating Falkner. :)

And because I was curious:

Katsuya - Psychic (Blue)
tenaciousg - Water (Emerald)
HeadCheese - Normal (FireRed)
Christian BerTeke - Rock (Gold)
Carparama - Grass (Soul Silver)
Fry_4000 - Ground (Platinum)
Larz - Fighting (Leaf Green)
Benjin Stark - Flying (FR/LG)
stokerino - Bug (Fire Red)
Chris2K - Electric (Crystal)
En Dub - Fire (Leaf Green)
Types available: Steel, Dark, Dragon, Ice, Poison, Ghost.

Edited by Carparama

I shall let you know Srar.

Mareep has now evolved into Flaaffy, defeated all of Bugsy's Pokémon, got through a forest, defeated Whitney and her WAR MILTANK with ease, evolved into Ampharos and obtained a Magnet for powering it up its Electric moves.

It's Level 31 and is still by itself.

Pewter City is all fine up until when Onyx starts dealing out Rock Throw, which is something like quadruple-effective against all my flying bugs and therefore instant death.

Currently have two Butterfrees and two Beedrills but may have to train up a couple more just to fling them all in and hope the last one will survive...

FURTHER DEVELOPMENTS~!

Finally got to Olivine City and captured a Chinchou, in the process forgetting that there are Magnemites on Route 16 so I went back to have a Magnemite too.

Went back to Ecruteak to release Raikou (the other two don't matter) but I'll wait for the master ball to try and get it. After a bit of training for Chinchou and Magnemite I defeated Morty for my fourth badge.

Now we're on our way to Cianwood City, Magnemite excelled against the wild Tentacools and Tentacruels to get to Level 30 and evolve into Magneton, and Chinchou has now evolved into Lanturn too.

Team

Ampharos - Level 35

Magneton - Level 30

Lanturn - Level 30

Generally, you can't really do Dragon-type or Ghost-type solo challenges. If you have BW then you can sort of do it, since Dragons have Haxorus/Druddigon/Hydreigon and then the legendaries, but it's a good while in to the game before you can catch Axew. Ghosts you can sort of work with in RSE if you get Shedinja quickly. Ice is pretty hard too.