The Great Pokémon Challenge (Playthrough Game!)

Katsuya

I still can't put a dent in Brock's ass even with a now Level 13 Rattata and Level 15 Pidgey. None of my attacks are effective, and I'm tired of beating up forty wild Metapods just to level up.

I am going to play Pokemon Red! Go easy on me. It's my first time :P

Poison type! Thankfully, it means you can start with Bulbasaur.

EDIT: Just to help you Srar, these are the Pokemon you can catch (Weedle/Kakuna/Beedrill, Ekans/Arbok, Nidoran F/Nidorina/Nidoqueen, Nidoran M/Nidorino/Nidoking, Zubat/Golbat, Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Venonat/Venomoth, Bellsprout/Weepinbell/Victreebel, Tentacool/Tentacruel, Grimer/Muk, Gastly/Haunter/Gengar, Koffing/Weezing)

My additional Butterfree wasn't necessary in the end - on my next attempt a Beedrill poisoned Onyx and he was easy pickings thereafter. Only had 2 KOs from his Rock Throw.

So ONWARDS~! In the direction of Mt. Moon with the following super impressive and not at all monotonous squad. Spearows will probably be the biggest pain in the short-term.

Poke01_zpsf8de2aea.png

P.S. I was also secretly pulling for poison...but mainly so that I could apply the following 'theme music' to my game:

http://youtu.be/mMrcYDrtjng

I did it! I finally managed to beat Brock. I took forever, getting Pidgey to level 18 so he could evolve and getting Rattata to level 15. Then, I sold every item I had to stock up on potions. Using potions, I was able to keep Pidgeotto alive long enough to take out his level 12 Geodude. Then, I threw out Rattata against his level 14 Onyx. I pretty much just used tail whip(coupled with several potions to stay alive) until his defense couldn't go lower, then hyper fang'd my way to victory. It should be smooth sailing from here.

Edited by HeadCheese