Summer Movie League

LL!

I think you guys are overestimating how good it'll do actually. It'll do well for how much it was made for but it's not going to be one of the highest grossing films. Bieber's movie made almost $100 million total and I don't think 1D is quite at the same level. Not to mention the big movies will make that in a weekend.

How much it cost to put into the pool. Anything else in that price range is kind of sketchy but you're bound to get a good bump off the 1D film.

Oh right, yeah that makes sense then. I guess I was more responding to Dex's absurd suggestion that it would out gross everything.

Re: Fast 6 & Epic, yeah Monday.

How much it cost to put into the pool. Anything else in that price range is kind of sketchy but you're bound to get a good bump off the 1D film.

Oh right, yeah that makes sense then. I guess I was more responding to Dex's absurd suggestion that it would out gross everything.

Re: Fast 6 & Epic, yeah Monday.

You never got the post was half joking with the sentence 'Never underestimate the power of cheesy pop shitty documentaries'?

As i said in my previous post (which was half joking but with a credence of seriousness), never underestimate the power of a documentary involving probably the biggest boy band on the planet right now. Kid/young adult trends sell and sell huge. Look at the Spiceworld movie. That broke records on its opening weekend in the States and that was on the weekend of the Superbowl.

Do i think it will surpass MOS, Pacific Rim or any other IM3? Nope. Not at all. Will it come close? I wouldn't rule it out to be honest.

And I debunked that thought process when I pointed out that Justin Bieber's movie did well but not super well and he's definitely a bigger deal than One Direction. Like I said, it'll do well and benefit those that bought it in this thing for 3M but it won't come close to even being in the top 10.

Is Bieber a bigger deal though? I'm not well-versed in pop music, but while I can only remember hearing one Bieber song I can remember hearing multiple One Direction songs. Besides the music, from what I can tell they seem to have equally fanatical fanbases.

I'd say he has a higher profile than they do but I'm not that versed in pop music either so I suppose I don't for sure but it sure seems like it.

That doesn't really negate my point, though. It might make $100 million total (let's even give it an extra $10 million), which is outstanding for the amount it was made for and the amount people bought it for on SML but the big summer movies make that in less than a week.