"Xbox One" Reveal Event

Dan

The ps3 was harder to program for, sure

but it was my understanding thats not issue anymore. The games that were programmed for it then ported (final fantasy for example) looked better on ps3, and games like ghost busters looked better on Xbox.

So of its really about the games as you suggest Summer I'd say xboxs exclusives are numbered to about 3 vs sonys rather impressive lineup.

If your point is that that the new Xbox is a media center and that's what makes it better than I'd say your idea of the ps3 being less of a media center than Xbox despite having built in bluray is also not a strong point either.

I mean, you can say its preference but by the numbers given not only is the ps4 more powerful in every aspect, they seem to have learned what gamers wanted from the ps3 (easier to program for, cross chat etc) and changed with the times.

Which is really what the stink is about the Xbox now. They don't seem to have listened at all. Rather they are pulling an apple and saying "this is what you want. Because we tell you it is.".

So of its really about the games as you suggest Summer I'd say xboxs exclusives are numbered to about 3 vs sonys rather impressive lineup.

3 times more PS3 exclusives than 360 exclusives?

You been sipping the Sony kool-aid?

rider is a well established Sony fanboy, Summer is a well established MS fanboy, Ellis is a well established troll, etc etc

• Like 3

I didn't say 3x more. I said 3. Total.

But halo gears and forza are the main exclusives for Xbox. You could add in Alan wake I guess.

But they had more. BioShock. Limbo. Mass effect. Then those went multiplatform and Xbox didn't create strong replacements.(caveat being the word strong as Kinect had some but dear god...)

Sonys exclusive IPS stayed with Sony. So yeah. I guess I am drinking it. Uncharted, killzone, heavy rain, resistance, little big planet, gran turismo... These aren't even half the exclusive IP's.

Good exclusives, once again. All three have their share of crap.

I didn't say 3x more. I said 3. Total.

But halo gears and forza are the main exclusives for Xbox. You could add in Alan wake I guess.

But they had more. BioShock. Limbo. Mass effect. Then those went multiplatform and Xbox didn't create strong replacements.(caveat being the word strong as Kinect had some but dear god...)

Sonys exclusive IPS stayed with Sony. So yeah. I guess I am drinking it. Uncharted, killzone, heavy rain, resistance, little big planet, gran turismo... These aren't even half the exclusive IP's.

Good exclusives, once again. All three have their share of crap.

Eh, big time exclusives sure. But still like the Viva Pinata games (well 2 of them), PGR 3 & 4, Left 4 Dead 1 & 2, Fable 2 & 3, Crackdown 1 & 2, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey etc are also Xbox exclusives (some only console exclusive). You can look at it either way but both systems have around the same amount of decent to good exclusives.

Plus the fact you've got 3 Forza games, 4 Gears of War games and 6 Halo games. Alan Wake is fucking brilliant too.

Yeah there's more on both. I could have added ratchet and clank, infamous, sly cooper... Then go into the minors that I enjoy like you do. (And apologies to fable and not adding that.)

Dick waving wasn't the point. Like you are hinting at. But major league exclusive I find more on sonys system. When both offer the same general games (and they do. Saints row cod GTA...) Then its what's offered beyond that which gets me to buy the system.

So ya. New ip. Very curious.

Ok dan of the 14 series named 10 are on PC. So 71%. That we could name. You caught me! That doesn't disprove my point that the reason I got the Sony for its games was because none of the ones I named I could play on PC.

Eh, Series. Gears 1 and Halo 3 where the only PC versions of those games.

I'm not saying "Xbox is better", it just annoys me when people change facts and figures to make something sound worse than it is.
Both have exclusives and a decent amount of them. Both are good consoles and I have owned both although stuck with the Xbox because I know a lot more people with them so it gives me the multiplayer option with friends. I have zero brand loyalty though, so I'm waiting until E3 before making a decision on which looks better.

Right now I'd agree with that PS4 is looking the more attractive option but we've barely seen any new XB1 games, Major Nelson says the Xbox E3 conference will be all about games so maybe that will change.