An EWB Film Watch-A-Long thing?

Jimmy

Would there be enough interest in doing some kind of film watch-a-long thing? There seems to be a growing interest in film at the moment, especially in the amount of cinema being watched by everyone, and I thought it could be cool to do something like this. I don't know how it'd work, we could all collectively go through the films of one director, a series of films, films linked by some kind of theme, a film from each decade, or simply everyone just chooses a film for us all to watch. I know these things aren't always that successful for that long, or whatever.

But just thought it'd be cool to do if enough people were interested. If not, no loss in trying.

Participants:

Jimmy

Ant

Srar

GA

Livid

Pleather

Larz

Walker

Cuntface

Ellis

LL

TKz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth, I voted for a film from each decade. It gives us a loose theme, which could introduce some members to a few gems from the past, but also gives us enough freedom to have a great deal of variety. Also restricts the whole thing to about 10 films or so, which seems very manageable.

For what it's worth, I voted for a film from each decade. It gives us a loose theme, which could introduce some members to a few gems from the past, but also gives us enough freedom to have a great deal of variety. Also restricts the whole thing to about 10 films or so, which seems very manageable.

I thought the same thing.

I voted for an overall theme but I'm generally pretty okay with all of them. My only concern is that there might be little interest from the board to watch some older movies so the one from every decade may not work.