Skummy's Disney Adventure

Skummy

Disney has 52 movies in their official Walt Disney Animation Studios "canon," and none of them are Pixar-created (Disney produced the Pixar films, they didn't make them). Those are...

1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

2 Pinocchio

3 Fantasia

4 Dumbo

5 Bambi

6 Saludos Amigos

7 The Three Caballeros

8 Make Mine Music

9 Fun and Fancy Free

10 Melody Time

11 The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad

12 Cinderella

13 Alice in Wonderland

14 Peter Pan

15 Lady and the Tramp

16 Sleeping Beauty

17 One Hundred and One Dalmatians

18 The Sword in the Stone

19 The Jungle Book

20 The Aristocats

21 Robin Hood

22 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

23 The Rescuers

24 The Fox and the Hound

25 The Black Cauldron

26 The Great Mouse Detective

27 Oliver & Company

28 The Little Mermaid

29 The Rescuers Down Under

30 Beauty and the Beast

31 Aladdin

32 The Lion King

33 Pocahontas

34 The Hunchback of Notre Dame

35 Hercules

36 Mulan

37 Tarzan

38 Fantasia 2000

39 Dinosaur

40 The Emperor's New Groove

41 Atlantis: The Lost Empire

42 Lilo & Stitch

43 Treasure Planet

44 Brother Bear

45 Home on the Range

46 Chicken Little

47 Meet the Robinsons

48 Bolt

49 The Princess and the Frog

50 Tangled

51 Winnie the Pooh

52 Wreck-It Ralph

Disney has other smaller studios that they use for different films under the Disney umbrella (Disney is a massive media company, but Walt Disney Animation Studios is the largest arm and includes their best known movies (Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan, etc.), some familiar-but-not-as-popular movies (Sword and the Stone, Rescuers, Great Mouse Detective), some films that were basically collections of short cartoons (Fun & Fancy Free, Three Caballeros), some of the more recent CGI stuff that's surprisingly decent (Meet the Robinsons, Bolt, Tangled), and some total crap (Treasure Planet, Atlantis, motherfucking Fantasia 2000).

• Like 1

Yeah, Saludos Amigos was one of the movies that was basically a series of cartoon shorts, mostly about Latin America (Donald and his Brazilian parrot buddy Jose, and I think there was a goofy skit on there as well). Three Caballeros was spun off from it.

I'm actually watching all of those movies that Sousa posted now (well, most of them, I can't go through some stuff anymore). Whoever said The Three Caballeros and Ichabod And Mr. Toad wasn't great isn't a fun person.

Also, the fact that none of you have mentioned Dumbo is the worst.

For the less popular, though, you'd have to give shoutouts to Rescuers, Lady And The Tramp, and Fox And The Hound.

Edited by Extremely Huge Bag of Shit

I've seen...

1 Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
2 Pinocchio
3 Fantasia
4 Dumbo
5 Bambi
12 Cinderella
13 Alice in Wonderland
14 Peter Pan
15 Lady and the Tramp
16 Sleeping Beauty
17 One Hundred and One Dalmatians
18 The Sword in the Stone
19 The Jungle Book
20 The Aristocats
21 Robin Hood
23 The Rescuers
26 The Great Mouse Detective
28 The Little Mermaid
30 Beauty and the Beast
31 Aladdin
32 The Lion King
35 Hercules
36 Mulan
37 Tarzan

I remember the run of Little Mermaid, Beauty, Aladdin and Lion King being brilliant. I only saw Hercules this year at school and some of the earlier ones I only saw when I was little (like Bambi) so I couldn't tell you what happened.

The best are Aladdin, Robin Hood, Sword in the Stone.

I remember actually enjoying the Great Mouse Detective at the time. Though I was young so I dunno if I'd still enjoy it now.

It'd be easier to list the ones I haven't seen: Saludos Amigos, Make Mine Music, Melody Time, The Black Cauldron, Dinosaur, Fantasia 2000 (NEVAR), Atlantis, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, and Home on the Range. A lot of the newer ones were surprisingly decent--Bolt in particular was a lot of fun.

Whoever said The Three Caballeros and Ichabod And Mr. Toad wasn't great isn't a fun person.

Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Wind in the Willows are good flicks. Three Caballeros... has its moments, but I watched it again pretty recently and found it kind of dull, particularly when the ROWDY GUN-TOTING ROOSTER shows up and immediately turns into a goddamn Mexican tourism film.