Scrubs - Season 4 Thread

Ananas

MY OLD FRIEND'S NEW FRIEND 

9:25pm 2004-08-31    ALL NEW!

HEATHER GRAHAM GUEST STARS AS NEW PSYCHIATRIST AT SACRED HEART AND ELLIOT FEELS LEFT OUT OF THE GROUP AFTER HER BREAK-UP WITH J.D. -- It's J.D.'s (Zach Braff) last week as a resident as he tries to smooth over his relationship with Elliot (Sarah Chalke) after their break-up. The former couple squabble over having to share time with newlyweds Turk (Donald Faison) and Carla (Judy Reyes), who have their own issues when Carla starts to change everything about her new hubby. Professional yet quirky new psychiatrist Dr. Molly Clock (guest star Heather Graham) starts her first day at Sacred Heart turning heads and forging new relationships with the staff. She befriends a lonely Elliot and tries her best to help J.D. and Dr. Cox (John C. McGinley) with a patient offering profound and helpful insight. Meanwhile, when Turk's car blows up, Carla lets him pick out the new ride only to find that instead of a car, he buys a Vespa scooter further proving Carla's point that she needs to always be in control. Neil Flynn and Ken Jenkins also star. TV-14

I think what's most impressive about this show is not only how good the writing for the main characters is, but how good the supporting characters are. I can't think of a character that isn't hilarious: Todd, Doug, Ted, Randall (aka Crotch Punching Midget), Snoop Dogg Intern...

I remember an amazing moment from last season when Kelso was proving the JD that Cox disagrees with everything he says just for the sake of disagreeing:

Kelso: It's hot as hell around here.

Cox: Freezing.

Kelso: The coffee is delicious today.

Cox: Rat piss.

Kelso: Dr Murphy is an incompetent suck up.

Cox: Actually Bob, Dr Murphy is one of the most talented young doctors I've ever had the priveledge to work with.

*They both walk off, leaving the interns behind. JD turns to see an exuberant Doug holding the phone.*

JD: What are you doing?

Doug: I'm calling my dad!

Gold, I tells ya.

****SPOILERS****

For those who dug Tom Cavenaugh as JD's brother, he'll be back on the show in October. Julianna Margulies will appear as an attorney in an upcoming episode.

****SPOILERS****

Yeah, the first person I talked to after watching the episode said it sucked, and I honestly still don't get his reasoning. Nothing really dragged like the previous season debuts, and there were a couple MASSIVE laughs. This is easily the best season premiere so far for Scrubs, perhaps even better than the pilot. One hell of a show considering that neither Doug nor Todd appeared.

Best Line:

Carla: (After Turk runs off like to meet JD) Maybe someday he'll love me like that.

Last night's episode scored a 5.0 rating, which lost 30% of its Father of the Pride lead in. Some people are blaming Scrubs, but I blame the fact that it takes a valiant effort to get through an entire episode of Father of the Pride. NBC should have given Scrubs the 9:00pm slot. I just hope that the disaster that is Father of the Pride doesn't alienate the entire Scrubs audience.