The Oscars 2014 Thread

Really shocked The Act of Killing didn't win.

You should never be shocked that a movie that might make old people uncomfortable doesn't win an Oscar.

• Like 2

I'm glad that the Best Original Song performances are back but I wish they had chosen a non-U2 year to bring them back. Also a non-Pharrell year. But on the plus side, Karen O!

Man, if you had asked me two years ago who out of Seth McFarlane and Ellen DeGeneres would host the Oscars that would make me go "what the fuck?" at the screen more, I would have gotten it very wrong.

There's no way they can fuck Best Supporting Actress up. Every nominee that can win is great. Unless they do something horrifying like give it to Julia Roberts out of nowhere.

EDIT: Good for Lupita! I would have loved for June Squibb to win somehow and Jennifer Lawrence was my favorite actual performance, but this is a super worthy winner.