The Oscars 2014 Thread

I really enjoyed Captain Phillips. Thriller the whole way. Lots of fun.

As for "Her", I'm in the boat that Phoenix and Scarlett should have received more love.

Would ScarJo even be eligible to be nominated since she didn't even appear on screen? I remember about 10 years ago Peter Jackson made a big push for Andy Serkis to get nominated for Return of the King and he was deemed ineligible because his performance was mostly motion capture.

Not to mention, she wasn't even the original choice. The original voice was a British actress named Samantha Morton and she was on set most of the time and that is what Joaquin Phoenix's performance was based on.

What does that have to do at all with Scarlett's performance? Fuck, what does not being the original choice have to do with anything either?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

His implication is that it's improbable that this happened because Jared Leto has barely acted in film in the last decade, whereas DiCaprio has taken stab after stab at getting the award during that time. Leto himself has basically acknowledged that his focus hasn't been acting.

• Like 1

For at least a few hours.

Jared Leto - 1

Leonardo DiCaprio - 0

And? Jared Leto is a fantastic actor, and more than deserving of his Oscar.

Because it's funny to keep a running total of people who have Oscars over the guy who has been acting specifically to win an Oscar for a decade now. Especially when it's a part-time actor.

This is the Oscars, not a UN resolution. Let's laugh.

• Like 1

For at least a few hours.

Jared Leto - 1

Leonardo DiCaprio - 0

And? Jared Leto is a fantastic actor, and more than deserving of his Oscar.

Because it's funny to keep a running total of people who have Oscars over the guy who has been acting specifically to win an Oscar for a decade now. Especially when it's a part-time actor.

This is the Oscars, not a UN resolution. Let's laugh.

You keep your humor at the Golden Globes!

For the rest of this thread we have to post like we're in clips shown to represent an actor's entire performance on the show itself.

I mean, we have to.

We.

We just...

we have to, don't you understand????