EWB's Favorite Movie 2013: Voting Thread

GoGo Yubari

Am I the only one that thought American Hustle wasn't that good? I liked it, but it had the potential to be so much better. Was a bit of a letdown for me, thought it definitely was going to be near the top of my movie of the year.

My dad and his wife weren't fans of it.

Am I the only one that thought American Hustle wasn't that good? I liked it, but it had the potential to be so much better. Was a bit of a letdown for me, thought it definitely was going to be near the top of my movie of the year.

This.

Should never have been nominated for anything at the Academy Awards. The last 1/3 of the film was fine, but Jesus wept that first 1/3 to 1/2 was dull, poorly paced drivel.

Alright so I was gonna try and sneak in a few that I still haven't seen before the deadline but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. So here's my list without a ton I still haven't seen.

1. The Wolf of Wall Street
2. Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
3. This Is the End
4. Pacific Rim
5. The Kings of Summer
6. Thor: The Dark World
7. Fast & Furious 6
8. The Way Way Back
9. Enough Said
10. Man of Steel
So this year leans heavily on the comedy. Interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

HEY REMEMBER WHEN I WAS DOING THIS.

Well, I did it! Votes are tallied, and a top 30 has been determined. The votes were spread out a bit more this year than usual, I think, and so the cut-off is a sliiiightly higher than usual one of fourteen points on two ballots, so there are actually more movies that didn't make it this year! Shocking! Let's do the usual list of a few of the movies that appeared on more than one ballot but didn't crack the list. They include...

The Way Way Back!

Enough Said!

Philomena!

The Wolverine!

We're The Millers!

Evil Dead!

Elysium!

Man of Steel!

And a few more!

Next Time, on EWB's 30 Favorite Movies of 2013: Get rid of her, Lynn, she's a drunk and a racist! I'll tolerate one, but not both.