Batman: Arkham Knight

The ones with the big turrets you can defeat with the disruptor and the sabotage perk, but for my experience the checkpoints that have dudes armed and with the tiny spinning turrets you're supposed to find a weak point in their perimeter to exploit and use the Batmobile on them. Just circle it until you find a place to snipe them from, or a weak wall, or a winch point or something.

The disruptor is probably the single most useful gadget in the game, really. If you get the perks for it you can take out medics, minelayers, radar guys, and even helicopter drones.

Between that, the voice gun, and the new hacking moves, it's obvious someone in Rocksteady really loved Watch_Dogs. Seriously, though, makes Predator encounters so much more fun having other moves beside "wait for a guy to go under your gargoyle".

Blowing up a generator to take a dude out really should be a breech of Batman's no-kill rule though. As should hacking on of the mini-drones to drop people for that matter... and that's not even going into the things you can do in the Batmobile...

Edited by OctoberRavenO

See, everyone whining about the drill doesn't even want to attempt the last Riddler Course. Drill was a piece of cake compared to that.

I spent the better part of like three days on the drill. Last Riddler course was easier because there wasn't a massive death machine chasing you down.

Fuck all this debate. I run over people with the car :lol:

Ending made no sense to me, I'm working to get the Knightfall thing or whatever but the ending I got was confusing. Also what's new story+? Just the game but harder?

• Like 1

Don't bother getting 100%: I did it because I thought the complete ending was going to be something special. It's not worth it. The only interesting thing comes at the tail end when

a wealthy looking couple with their kid (they kinda look like the Waynes) walk into an alleyway where they're being mugged by two guys when they notice a shadowy figure looking like Batman looming on the rooftops. One of the criminals shouts to the figure that Batman is dead upon which the figure leaps from the roof to attack them. As the figure falls closer to the camera it starts to look more and more like one of the illusions induced by Scarecrow's fear gas.

Don't bother getting 100%: I did it because I thought the complete ending was going to be something special. It's not worth it. The only interesting thing comes at the tail end when

Hidden Content

There are seversl theories:

Hidden Content

Why is the first one unlikely? Its consistent with Batman's actions from at least two previous games (Shock Gloves from Electrocutioner in Origins and adapting Freeze's weaponry in City).

• Like 1

You'fre right. Now that I think about it the possibillity of Batman using Scarecrow tech isn't any more farfetched them him using the stuff you mentioned. I suppose we just have to wait until the post-ending DLC is released or whether WB Games will release another Arkham Game.

I never really understood why Rocksteady were so adamant about only doing three games. Surely the goal of any game developer is to make money and the Arkham games have been nothing but hugely successful. It would be like Rockstar saying "no, we've done enough" after GTA 3 and never going on to make 4, 5 and no doubt more.

It's not as if there's not enough Batman stories to cover, or at least relate to when creating a new story.

I wish they'd have done a game like Arkham Knight, in terms of completely open world Gotham, but done properly. Like, one that's actually populated with people rather that just creating a plot device that means the city is evacuated essentially before you do anything that just leaves nothing but thugs.

I also wish it was a bit more grounded. Which I know sounds a bit ridiculous when you're talking about a universe that involves a giant crocodile man and an invincible man from another planet, but this kind of weird super-technology in these games always kind of irks me a bit. Like it always bothers me a bit that any time a villain one-ups Batman, he just gets on the phone to Lucius or Alfred and goes "Ah yeah, do us a favour mate, send the Batwing to drop the new gadget we've been working on that renders this lad's stuff utterly useless in seconds." I mean, it feels like in each game he's called in Batwing to just drop some gadget about five times throughout it. Why not just go out prepared for once? The voice synthesizer thing in this one I think was the moment I just thought to myself "Oh come ON".

Yeah, I could have done without the Batmobile too. Also, I didn't like the Riddler informants spawning in cars either. By the time you get the Batmobile summoned to chase them they're already out of sight then it's just blind luck if you find them