Batman: Arkham Knight

So, am I the only one that sees Kevin Conroy in this Batman's face?

AK Batman:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81MiXfTlLkL._SL1500_.jpg

Conroy:http://theroarbots.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/IMG_0455.jpg

It hit me when I saw that Batman figure on Amazon.

Edited by Kirkland

I wish they'd have done a game like Arkham Knight, in terms of completely open world Gotham, but done properly. Like, one that's actually populated with people rather that just creating a plot device that means the city is evacuated essentially before you do anything that just leaves nothing but thugs.

Edited by Hellraiser

tbh, I feel like they could still do that with the city populated, and it'd probably make Scarecrow seem even more villainous if he was preparing to set fear gas off through a whole populated city on civilians and thugs, rather than getting all the innocents evacuated and leaving just thugs behind that left me thinking well so fuck if they get fear gassed they're all cunt villains anyway.

Just do a Dark Knight Rises or The Cult on it. Organised occupation triggered at once by the Arkham Knight and his militia and Scarecrow and whichever other supervillain that sees them take over the city, cut off the exits out of the city with some of the heavily guarded checkpoints there and/or just bombs or whatever, put Gotham in to panic mode while the Scarecrow is just lording over them dangling this inevitable fear gas attack over them and hold the city hostage, I'd care a lot more about what happened to the city then and be more invested if I knew there were innocents there.

• Like 1

This is silly - it's just needed to keep civilians off the street and only put them in the places where it's needed. There's no way to make a game where Batman drives around the streets at mach speed in the Batmobile, with cannons and chain guns plausible to work and stay lore friendly (when they are barely doing so with the 'safe takedowns' of criminal cars) safe for 'keeping civilians in the city' when what is going on within Gotham would see 99 percent of the population stay inside anyways. Taking out the Batmobile is a terrible idea too, because you still end up with the logic that people should be inside their houses and you've then removed a lot of the awesome puzzles and side missions that required the car to differentiate it from the other games in the first place.

As far as stakes go, Scarecrow essentially polluting Gotham and making it uninhabitable while trying to break/prove something to Batman seems pretty strong to me. If you wanted to go super, super dark and get mass genocide in there - I see that being the only real benefit to making it a point to say that the entire population is still around, but those who didn't stay inside would likely try to flee and that would fill up the streets and then you can't have your Batmobile or free thug movement anyways.

I wondered what a Joker game would be like, but then I thought I guess it'd probably just end up being like the Arkham games from the other side. But initially I thought it'd be cool to play through stuff like I guess what is basically now his canon origin story from The Killing Joke. Would have liked a Batman game that was like properly about the origins of him too, cause I recently rewatched Batman Begins and I love all that stuff of him kind of finding his way and just picking up all the stuff along the way, being a bit rough around the edges at the start as he's learning all this stuff.

But I get that that probably wouldn't seem too appealing to a mass audience who just want to play as Batman, when about half of it or maybe a bit less than half you're just playing as Bruce Wayne acquiring the skill and equipment and stuff.

I went back and played the Riddler missions multiple times to get top scores and I really enjoyed one upping my scores on the race tracks especially.

The stuff where you needed to use the car to get down to lower levels was fun too and the dynamics of the car were really well implemented.

Once you started to upgrade the tank and get the different ways to deal with the new multitudes of tanks, that was fun as well - and they kept introducing new kinds of enemy drones to spice it up.

*shrug*

I've been preaching it since the day I tried it, and it has worked wonders for a few people - I think it's the only way to drive the damn thing. The auto switch out to third person for the battle mode is really fluid and it makes getting up and going really easy, I say give it a try because it really upped my own game.

• 2 weeks later...