Batman: Arkham Knight

The stuff about Joker's blood comes from Arkham City. You basically find out that he's dying due to massive amounts of Titan, and it's infected his blood - and that his plan is to send his infected blood all through Gotham. It's explained that it's the Titan in his blood that's causing this reaction.

The stuff about Joker's blood comes from Arkham City. You basically find out that he's dying due to massive amounts of Titan, and it's infected his blood - and that his plan is to send his infected blood all through Gotham. It's explained that it's the Titan in his blood that's causing this reaction.

Edited by Hellraiser

It was overused as hell and didn't feel well integrated in the game. Despite the map being bigger than before the easiest way to get around was still by grappling and gliding. Which makes it feel forced every time you have to use it for a mission or side-quest. And destroying tanks/drones/whatever is fun at first but it gets tedious after a while since there the fight all pretty much play the same with a varying amount of tanks/drones/whatever attacking you.

Nonsense, i found it just as quick to set a waypoint and follow the route as to grapple everywhere. The fights were incredibly samey but i never got annoyed by it. Its not like theres a huge amount of variation to the fistfights. Eh, personally i dont think it deserves the shit people are giving it but different strokes.

• Like 6

Tbh I'd find it dumb if Bruce didn't have a tank in that cave with all his shit. I mean he has giant mech suits too.batmans-court-of-owl-armor-vs-talons-1.j

Eh, not a big or even small deal for me at all - it all led to the sequence at the end of the game that I enjoyed more than most anything that I have ever played so I'm fine there. 

Now that all is said and done as well, I have to say that I am also throwing my hat fully into the ring as far as how awesome the Batmobile is in this game. We're going to get the more classic ones through DLC for the races, but as far as functionality goes for not only missions but the tone of this continuity - is the only version that makes sense. Calling it in its a snap, getting around is even easier once you get the controls that work for you and switching in and out of combat is seamless - not to mention the remote capabilities. 

I think I "sliced" it in a way that makes the story work for 90 percent of the people playing it. The 'motherload' of toxin would be something that clears up and HAD to be something that didn't effect Batman all that terribly due to the nature of how many times he was exposed to it during the game. The other issues were deeply rooted psychologically. You're just using another vehicle to get to the same exact place, it doesn't really change anything or make the other side any more ridiculous.

• Like 2

I think I "sliced" it in a way that makes the story work for 90 percent of the people playing it. The 'motherload' of toxin would be something that clears up and HAD to be something that didn't effect Batman all that terribly due to the nature of how many times he was exposed to it during the game. The other issues were deeply rooted psychologically. You're just using another vehicle to get to the same exact place, it doesn't really change anything or make the other side any more ridiculous.

Edited by Hellraiser

I've seen all the cut scenes, and no matter which way you slice it, the whole story is a little lacklustre. 

Without meaning to sound dismissive I think it's a little hard to judge from just the cut-scenes as a separate entity. Playing the game to get to the point of triggering the cut-scenes gets you far more emotionally invested in the characters and the plot.

• Like 3

One thing in particular I really like from these games is the way they do that thing where they change the world around you as you're playing it. They did a lot of it in Asylum if I recall and it was really cool, and they do it again here, I can't remember if they did it much, if at all in City but I really like it.