Batman: Arkham Knight

I'm having such an issue with the riddler puzzle that is by the movie studio - the one that's in a train car and you can pull a bar out with the car. There's a small hole for a batarang to go into.. but last time I threw one in I couldn't find anything to hit with it.

I'm at that point now of where I just have one of everything left as far as Own the Roads and Occupy Gotham go, and I can't find any of them... Occupy Gotham I may stumble on while gliding, but I can't seem to drive into the last barrier for nothing

Anyone who's beat this yet? Is the 100% ending additional gameplay stuff, or is it just a cutscene? If it's just a cutscene I'll just YouTube it. I really want it to be just a cutscene. This game is too fucking broken for me to keep playing post-story without a patch.

Edited by TKzo Amore

I'm having such an issue with the riddler puzzle that is by the movie studio - the one that's in a train car and you can pull a bar out with the car. There's a small hole for a batarang to go into.. but last time I threw one in I couldn't find anything to hit with it.

If it's the one I'm thinking of then you need to slide underneath it rather than throw a batarang. I might be thinking of a different one though.

I'm at that point now of where I just have one of everything left as far as Own the Roads and Occupy Gotham go, and I can't find any of them... Occupy Gotham I may stumble on while gliding, but I can't seem to drive into the last barrier for nothing

For Occupy Gotham you can locate the towers by gliding around and using the red lights from the sentry drones as a guide. Own The Roads not so much, just keep driving around. There's a couple which are very tucked away.

Anyone who's beat this yet? Is the 100% ending additional gameplay stuff, or is it just a cutscene? If it's just a cutscene I'll just YouTube it. I really want it to be just a cutscene. This game is too fucking broken for me to keep playing post-story without a patch.

It's an additional 90 second cut-scene. To be honest it was a bit of a let down after all I'd done to get it, I'd YouTube it if I were you.

I think it's 7 side missions (one of which is the story itself) for the normal ending, all 100% for the full ending.

Quickest would be the six Most Wanted villains:

Story (required), Azrael, Hush, Deacon Blackfire, Penguin, Two-Face and Man-Bat

Overall, the game was good, it forced way too much of the Batmobile on you though. That stuff was fun once or twice, but any Batmobile related boss fights were boring, long and annoying. They weren't even hard, just boring. I think it probably still goes Arkham Asylum > Arkham City > Arkham Knight. City sneaks in above this one for the Mr. Freeze fight and because of the Batmobile being a bit wank.

Ending(s)...

First ending was fine, I guess. They didn't touch on why Red Hood would turn it all back around remotely enough. I liked the variation of Under the Red Hood this game did, but the face turn didn't feel earned. I guess that's just an advantage the comics I have, they had years of issues to transition Jason back into a hero role. Also the entire Jason Todd story felt very not wrapped up. Like, he shoots the chains of Batman and that's literally the last we see of him. Overall, we needed way more of Arkham Knight and less Scarecrow. I think in the end they decided Knight was the supporting villain, which was a mistake. The final fight should've been between Batman and Jason, a one on one. Not in a fucking tank. The stuff with Joker was fairly fun though, I liked all that.

The second ending was fine, but it felt a bit tacked on. Super glad I youtubed it, because holy shit that wouldn't have been worth my time. The Forbes article on the ending made the problems I had pretty well - why does Batman care if his identity is out? The only person in danger is Alfred, because Bruce Wayne doesn't publicly have any family. In some comics he's adopted Nightwing and Tim Drake, but that's never been established in the Arkham series. And it's not like Barbara Gordon is related to him in any way. Surely he could've just taken to hiding and gone Batman full time. Hell, I'd think he'd be happier that way. Transfer all his funds somewhere and so on.

And the final ending was stupid. Should have gone all the way - either reveal Bruce is still working in secret, or say "Hey, Nightwing/Robin/Red Hood took over". The extra bit was totally pointless.

Also heads up, if you're doing post-game stuff, you can go back to the villains in lock up at GCPD and they'll have new dialogue now your identity is revealed.

On the whole, outside of the fucking awful optimization of the PC port, it was a solid final entry in the series.

Oh and for those interested, I was having a look around and I think one of the vehicle based side missions introduces a new villain if you complete it AFTER the main story. (I think)

Looks like if you save the tank based missions until after the end, instead of fighting the Arkham Knight Tank boss battle (again), you do basically the same boss battle except Deathstroke is behind the wheel. Don't bother if that's what interests you - just YouTube it. It's just different dialouge in the tank and then a 20 second clip of Batman taking down Deathstroke.

I'm still really early in the game (just went to Ace Chemicals) but I think the batmobile is pretty rad. I like that it's a much different way of getting around as gliding got ooooold after a while in Arkham City. The combat is fine so far but I do hope that it isn't going to be used in every single mission in the story just for the sake of it. And the road rage challenge can go take a fuck to itself too. Other than that I'm enjoying it.

I finished the main story yesterday and I really enjoyed the game overall. I definitely wouldn't consider it as good as Arkham Asylum, and I think there were a few too many tedious moments for me to put it on the same level as Arkham City, but I think the plot was better than the latter. The Batmobile was a real mixed bag for me because, while I didn't get too tired of the combat sections, I thought it was crowbarred unnecessarily into some of the story missions a little too often. As a game mechanic people have been waiting for since the first game, I think it would have been better served as a side attraction that's pulled out two or three times over the course of the game, a bit like the Scarecrow sections from Arkham Asylum, and when it's brought in all the time, the lack of finesse in the way it controls become much more apparent.

I've replayed the first two games with great relish, but I'm not quite so sure that I'll be as keen to play through this one again in the immediate future, simply because some of the more finicky sections are still fresh in my mind. At its best, though, Arkham Knight is the same Batman experience I've loved from before, and combined with the game's suitably brooding atmosphere, that's not something I'll complain about at all.

I watched a video of this game. Dude was using a skin. It was weird as hell seeing Adam West Batman beat the piss out of Deathstroke.

Also, I found one of those videos where someone puts all the cutscenes together into a movie. Considering watching that.