Batman: Arkham Knight

Getting around in the batmobile is kind of a pain but I feel I may get used to it.

And... is this five times the size of Arkham City? Like is there anything other than the three islands? Because.. it doesn't seem all that huge.

I was wondering the same thing because the map looks smaller than City unless you have to unlock different parts of the map or something

Getting around in the batmobile is kind of a pain but I feel I may get used to it.

And... is this five times the size of Arkham City? Like is there anything other than the three islands? Because.. it doesn't seem all that huge.

I haven't tried it myself yet but there's apparently a toggle in the options menu that changes the Batmobile controls to the more conventional 'L2 for braking' method. That should make things a little less cumbersome.

I'm enjoying it so far but at the same time its not something I could play for ages. I haven't done much but I like to just normally piss about but I agree the Batmobile is a pain in the arse to drive.

Its a good game but nothing special at the same time.

I'm having a lot of fun with this so far. It's not profoundly different from its predecessors, which provides me with a soothing feeling of familiarity. I'm enjoying the slightly darker tone and the combat remains as fluid as ever. I even don't mind the Batmobile sections I've been through up to now. All told, it's a particularly ludicrous concept, but it's a Batman game, and I'd have it no other way.

For a game that gives you prompts for things all the time - I've had some AMAZING moments that the previous games can't even touch based off moments where you aren't told what to do.

For example, chemical planet spoilers.

When the Arkham Knight was going on about what he was going to do, etc. I thought to myself... I can move so can I move the batmobile? And I totally could and I stopped him mid sentence. It was fucking awesome. Now I wish I timed it with Batman saying "Do you know what I'm thinking right now?"

• Like 1

Spoiler relating to Lars' side-mission

The Man-Bat side mission is quite interesting and completely faithful to the comics/animated series. I spent half an hour hunting it down the second time I needed it, the third time though I just flew into it accidentally.

Post Chemical Plant spoilers

Joker is a fantastic addition, mainly because Mark Hamill brings so much life to the character, but he also represents the part of Batman's (and the player's) psyche that questions if what Batman is doing is correct. He pops up all the time and I can even forgive the occasional jump scare appearances,

And finally 2/3s of the way through the story spoilers

ORACLE! NO! That was just heart-breaking.

Also, make sure you visit the GCPD after every major plot point in the story. The amount of different dialogue that has been recorded is astonishing. Head to the evidence room as well, lots of cool stuff in there from the previous three games.

I'm also glad they acknowledge the events of Origins, considering it wasn't a Rocksteady game they could have quite easily ignored it.

• Like 1

Spoiler relating to Lars' side-mission

The Man-Bat side mission is quite interesting and completely faithful to the comics/animated series. I spent half an hour hunting it down the second time I needed it, the third time though I just flew into it accidentally.

Post Chemical Plant spoilers

Joker is a fantastic addition, mainly because Mark Hamill brings so much life to the character, but he also represents the part of Batman's (and the player's) psyche that questions if what Batman is doing is correct. He pops up all the time and I can even forgive the occasional jump scare appearances,

And finally 2/3s of the way through the story spoilers

ORACLE! NO! That was just heart-breaking.

Also, make sure you visit the GCPD after every major plot point in the story. The amount of different dialogue that has been recorded is astonishing. Head to the evidence room as well, lots of cool stuff in there from the previous three games.

I'm also glad they acknowledge the events of Origins, considering it wasn't a Rocksteady game they could have quite easily ignored it.

They did an awesome job this game with gong back and mentioning stuff from all of the other games in the Arkham series

I'll be honest, I may have jumped just a touch when Man-Bat made his first appearance, I've gotten the antidote or whatever, I've heard him once since then but not long enough to chase him down, or he was too far away or something...

How far has everyone else gotten in the murder mystery thing? I've seen two bodies but can't seem to find anymore and they don't show up that they've been found, same with the missing firemen story

Apprently the PC version has been pulled by Warner due to the issues