Batman: Arkham Knight

yeah there is too much reliance on the Batmobile, way too much...

I mean the Campaing for Disarmament is good and it's fun just to blow up those drones, but after that, there's not much more I WANT to use it for

Is it just me or do they rely on the car too much? I like the game but I am barely 2 hours in and I've heard "I need to get the Batmobile up here" like 10 times. You didn't need a car in the last game Batman! You lazy bastard. Figure it out yourself!

Well, he didn't need to get to 3 different islands in that one, right :P

I found that the Riddler races were fine once I worked out what I was supposed to do. Having to drive back to the start after running out of time was an inconvenience, but I never had to do it more than once in a single race, and I'm one of the least capable gamers you'll ever see.

I found that the Riddler races were fine once I worked out what I was supposed to do. Having to drive back to the start after running out of time was an inconvenience, but I never had to do it more than once in a single race, and I'm one of the least capable gamers you'll ever see.

I'll challenge you for that title! :P 

What frustrates me about this game is I kinda just to punch dudes in the face and dole out some justice and it keeps making me use the Bat Winch or make ramps to jump my car over. There are thugs on the street game! Let me batter those thugs!

• Like 2

I just looked it up on Youtube. It's telling that I was happy to do all the Riddler trophies/challenges for Asylum and City, but not for this game. I think I had burned myself out after doing all the other side missions and felt that trawling round the map in every nook and cranny seemed like a step too far into tedium territory.

It's not so much that I don't know where to find the riddles because, as you say, interrogating informants helps that along, but it's the knowledge that I'll have to poke around in awkward areas of the map, sometimes using the Batmobile, that puts me off.

The idea of some of the Riddler challenges in both this game and Arkham City do amuse me at times, though, specifically the breakable objects.

"Your brainteasing challenge, Dark Knight, is to burst a glaringly obvious balloon on a bright neon archway. Ha! Figure that one out!"

• Like 2

So I just finished this, well apart from Knightfall but all I have to do is go beat Riddler so that's fine.

I thought it was much better than Arkham City or Origins. I'm still thinking Asylum was a better game as it felt more compact and streamlined, with a much better story, but I did really like this game. It didn't have any standout moment like the Scarecrow stuff from Asylum or Mr Freeze from City but eh. I didn't have any problems with the batmobile, it's awkward to control sometimes but I don't think it was overused all that much. I was actually looking forward to getting it into Founders island and ripping shit up.

It was pretty obvious who the Arkham Knight was, but he was really underused I thought. The ending really let me down, Scarecrow was never really much of a threat and it was more Joker than him you needed to defeat. Joker was magnificent though, he was a highlight for sure. I loved spotting hin randomly around the city. I just wish more happened with Knight. It was weird how people were so happy for Origins to have a new villain other than Joker for once, only to be pissed that it turned out he was behind it all, yet he's one of the best things about this and has more bearing on the finale than Scarecrow.

I loved the Oracles death scene, I totally bought it and thought the way Joker appeared in front was done amazing so I was a bit annoyed when it turned out to be a fake out. I thought that plus the Joker duet with Robin defusing the bombs were the best bits. The predator room straight after the Knights reveal as Todd was really cool as well.

I'm dreading a lot of the AR challenges though. Interested to see what dlc they come out with. Wasn't there day one Red Hood dlc? How would it work without ruining one of the major twists of the main game? Overall i'm happy for this to be the last entry as it's a complete trilogy that worked well but I can see them shoving as many "in between" adventures as they like just to stretch the franchise out longer, like Origins.

I was a bit confused about why Batman seems to handle  Arkham Knight after his identity reveal so nonchalantly. Like, he just basically lets him leave by turning his back to him to talk to Alfred on his wrist thing, and then just forgets about him, then when he's told somebody's tracking him when he's in the back of the van he just says "I knew he would." Sorry, Bats, are you forgetting this man has killed people and was a very real terrorist threat or does he get a pass because you know him? Stop pissing about.

Hidden Content

What's even stranger to me is that when Batman finds out that Simon Stagg has been developing the Cloudburst, presumably at least partly under duress from both Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight, he throws in the the maximum security prison cell with all the other super criminals. When the Arkham Knight returns at the end, however, he seems happy to let bygones be bygones, despite the fact that the Knight tried to kill him, along with Gordon and probably a lot of other people, about half an hour previously.

I'm dreading a lot of the AR challenges though. Interested to see what dlc they come out with. Wasn't there day one Red Hood dlc? How would it work without ruining one of the major twists of the main game? Overall i'm happy for this to be the last entry as it's a complete trilogy that worked well but I can see them shoving as many "in between" adventures as they like just to stretch the franchise out longer, like Origins.

Red Hood DLC was when you pre-ordered from GAME which I did.

There's no real spoilery stuff in it, other than the fact that they bothered with Red Hood content......

hinting Arkham Knight's identity

.. The biggest things are that you're actually killing people instead of subduing them, and the big plot point....

... is that you kill Black Mask at the end.

Edited by Chris2K

The Harley Quinn DLC seems cool too. I think there's meant to be a Batgirl DLC out this upcoming week, that takes place before the events of Arkham Knight.