EWB's Top 30 Movies of 2013: THE RESULTS

GoGo Yubari

A post where you criticize Her and praise Wolf of Wall Street at the same time.

YOU'RE BANNED FROM FUTURE SEASONS OF THE UFC PREDICTION LEAGUE, WALKER.

A post where I praise the lead actor is criticism? Odd.

Not really. If the film was bad a good lead wouldn't help. Given that this was a film where the camera was almost permanently pointed at Phoenix he is the most important piece of the puzzle, everything else doesn't work without that calibre an actor. Just imagine if it Nicolas Cage in that role, is it still a great film? I don't think it would be.

Not really. If the film was bad a good lead wouldn't help. Given that this was a film where the camera was almost permanently pointed at Phoenix he is the most important piece of the puzzle, everything else doesn't work without that calibre an actor. Just imagine if it Nicolas Cage in that role, is it still a great film? I don't think it would be.

Better, because Nicolas fucking Cage!

• Like 3

Depends on what you're offended by.

It was 3 hours of shitty people doing shitty things. I still don't understand what makes it a good movie.

I don't really mind what a movie is about. As long as the performances are believable and the dialogue doesn't make me cringe I'm happy. I didn't really see that many movies in 2013, but that was the one that hooked me the most. It's hard for me to hate something that does what it sets out to do.