Madden 15 is out August 26th!

Your Mom

Played a game in my Oakland/LA CFM, and called a QB sneak, Derek Carr vaults over the pile (without assistance from me) and I was reminded of the basket catch Willie "Mays" Hays scene in Major League. "Nice dive Carr, don't ever fucking do it again."

• Like 2

Two years into a Oakland franchise, and starting year 3 I've got a pretty good team...except at QB, where Carr has failed to really develop, and the other QB I drafted was 75 overall to start but had slow development. I looked around the league, and the Cowboys had drafted and developed a guy to replace Romo.

Romo was still 84 overall though, and I had tons of cap space. I wanted Romo. Too bad he had suffered a back injury taking him out for 23 weeks!

I had drafted really well and had a terrific offensive line, good receivers and running backs, and a stellar defence. But I just don't want to move forward with Carr. The only QB I can really make a move for is Matt Barkely, but he doesn't have much arm strength and will still cost a 2nd round pick.

Both of those guys are in their mid seventies in my games.

I decided to start a new game with the Falcons. Skipped year one, and the team went 5-11. I let a lot of the veterans go, including Steven Jackson and Roddy White. I never saw a defence this bad - only Marcus Trufant was above an 82 overall. I had work to do.

I was very aggressive in free agency, improving the offensive line with Stefan Wisniewski and Logan Mankins. I added Crabtree and Torrey Smith at WR, and Brent Celek at TE on a cheap one year deal. I missed on my running back choices though, but was able to get Jonathan Dwyer in the preseason on a one year deal. This wasn't going to be a run heavy team anyways.

On defence I was able to trade for Chris Borland, who developed to be 85 overall. I also signed AJ Hawk for depth at MLB. At corner, I added to guys in the mid 80s. But I wasn't able to bring in any one big.

I forgot to scout at all, but still was able to get a 80 overall, superstar development RE with my 6th overall pick. Some lucky later round picks, and development of my young players, means my defence in much better. It's still not ideal, but it should at least get a few stops.

Both of those guys are in their mid seventies in my games.

Holy shit, you managed to play a CFM for that long?

Yup. You start playing Space Football, and all the games are played on Mars.

Seriously, I never thought Ta'Fura from Venus Planetary A&M would become such a beast!

• 1 month later...

So, I'm coming up to the end of year three of a franchise game (I moved the Titans to New York and renamed the Beats, so simmed the first year and have played the second two). It appears that I'm going to get fired because the finances will likely be in the negative at the end of the regular season. Does anyone know if post season counts? If I do get fired, can I carry on with another team? Is there a way around it, i.e. sim to the start of the next year and miss the draft?

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm coming up to the end of year three of a franchise game (I moved the Titans to New York and renamed the Beats, so simmed the first year and have played the second two). It appears that I'm going to get fired because the finances will likely be in the negative at the end of the regular season. Does anyone know if post season counts? If I do get fired, can I carry on with another team? Is there a way around it, i.e. sim to the start of the next year and miss the draft?

Yeah it'll prompt you to start another "character" so just pick owner/coach of the Beats and away you go.

I did something much similar with my Death to the Redskins expansion franchise and after the relocation year I just retired as owner to become coach so I didn't have to worry about finances.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't think so. Believe you can only load a roster at startup of a new career mode