Madden 15 is out August 26th!

Your Mom

I started the season with default sliders (All-Pro) and adjusted throughout the season. For the last quarter of the year I had CPU pass blocking on 99.

How are your sliders working for you? EWBFL could use a decent slider set that atleast gives us a chance to play defense without the QB completing every pass.

Entering the 2016 season, I still have Eli as my QB although he's now down to 75 OVR. He regresses 10 points a year no matter what but because I run the Giants offense as it is in real life (short passes to move down field and set up long drives, etc.) rather than just airing it out he's done well. Usually he progresses 7-8 points a year solely on confidence so it helps offset the automatic regression. Meanwhile, Nassib is a 83 OVR but I'm keeping him as the backup, there's no way Eli would get benched in real life if he was playing as well as I've gotten him to play so I'm doing this for realism/an extra challenge more than anything else.

This is probably the last year I can get away with it though, Eli may be in the 60s by next year. Nassib is on the last year of his rookie deal so I'll probably just lock him up. I also have a second year QB who I drafted in the 7th round in 2015, he progressed 10 points in his rookie year and is up to a 73, I've got like 5-6 teams willing to offer me a 2nd rounder for him. He might be the future instead. Or I could draft somebody. Shit, it's nice to have options.

Edited by Bad News Busch
  • Like 1

There any PS3 league here or players? Add me if ya wanna play..Lint6.

Also, how do you go no huddle? :unsure:

Yea, figured it out. Howq often are the rosters updated? The Eagles still have the kicker they cut after the preseason

For me, All-Pro is a little too easy. All-Madden is way too hard. They take away all the kicking graphics except the power meter, and that fills up in 1/4 of a second!

If I can set everything but the kicking to All-Madden, I'd have a fun, challenging experience.

I could definitely agree, and my playing time this year reflects that. Not that my free time is devoted to playing video games as much as it once was in my youth, but I haven't played this game as much as I did previous years. Though the switch to this generation of consoles last year sort of jaded my experience and has carried on to this edition seemingly.

Hopefully I'll find some balance sliders soon or else the only thing keeping me from trading this in is our EWB league. As they are the only games and times I find myself playing Madden. Never because I WANT too... :( Usually end up playing a different sports game that I'm more satisfied with.

Edit - In other news, the released the #2 game patch recently...

XBOX ONE AND PS4 CHANGES:

- Fixed or enhanced multiple team uniforms
- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added a “Slim” Play Call option
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Defensive Play Call timer has been extended to 15 seconds
- Addressed issue where users only had 10 seconds to call a play vs. the AI
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic for receivers that prevents the wrong animation from triggering during catchable passes
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to Madden Messenger
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Multiple CoachGlass improvements
- Fixed an issue where the user’s play would sometimes be auto-selected on defense

There was a seperate patch for the previous generation of consoles sorry...

PS3/Xbox 360

- Added tuning adjustments to offline Connected Franchise Mode, matching Online CFM hot fixes
- Added the ability to button through the entire halftime presentation
- Added button prompt to defensive play call to inform the user they can back out to pick their play before the offense does
- Tuned down QB accuracy for lower tiered QB's, especially on passes under 10 yards
- Addressed issue where the formation name would not update during no huddle situations
- Improved line shifting functionality out of defensive camera
- Improved defensive adaptive AI
- Added QB signature passing styles
- Addressed issue where reading keys against the read option wasn't working on All-Madden difficulty
- Added logic to prevent multiple ways of grieving during online games
- Improved logic in CFM when determining who the starting RT should be
- Addressed an issue where the user would fail when punting the ball out of bounds on the Medium Coffin Corner drill
- Addressed an exploit where users could put WR's at the TE position on the depth chart inside of MUT
- General improvements to commentary logic
- Numerous stability improvements

Does anyone else have a tough time with passing defense? I rack up alot of sacks because I have to...if I don't get to the opposing QB, they wind up with like a 85% or better completion rate on me...

I think CPU QB accuracy being ridiculously high is a known issue. I like the new 'mini-game' of sorts when it comes to rushing the passer but it's too easy, even without the icons on and the sliders adjusted so it should be really difficult I'm still getting at least 4 sacks per game.

I hate when I come SO CLOSE to a season goal and miss it..

LeSean McCoy had it his personal goal to rush for 1600 yards...finished the season with 1595. Josh Matthews finished with 1399 yards...grr

Does anyone else have a tough time with passing defense? I rack up alot of sacks because I have to...if I don't get to the opposing QB, they wind up with like a 85% or better completion rate on me...

I have to blitz on 75% of defensive plays to have a chance of stopping the computer's offence. Man coverage just does not work, computer QB stays in the pocket forever and then hits a 20+ yard throw pretty much every time, zone coverage stays too deep and gives up first downs constantly. Also, Philip Rivers is ridiculously difficult to sack for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it to Week 17 of the 2016 season. Scrolled through the records to see if anybody had made it into any of the top 10 lists, and I was blown away to see that Matt Ryan (now with the Cowboys) set the single-game passing record with 594, surpassing Norm Van Brocklin's long-standing record of 554.

I went through Dallas' season to find the game it happened in. Dallas @ Detroit. Dallas wins 48-42 in OT. Ryan threw for 594 yards, 6 TDs, and he went 54-83 on the game. Yep. He threw the ball 83 goddamn times.

I've had some crazy statistical stuff happen in Madden over the years but that might have topped all of it.

Ugh, in the midst of my second season with the Bills on All-Pro. Was sitting at 11-2, as were the Jets, came to that game week, accidentally forwarded the week without playing the game, game got simmed, we lost and now the Jets have a playoff birth. Seems to be no way to go back or chose an alternate save file.

Three annoying things I have also noticed;

- The t-shirts on the user coach don't appear to be rendered properly and huge chunks over the shoulders are missing when you see them on the sideline

- The week to week stats don't carry over, so if the commentators say something about a WR and his stat comparison from this week to the last come up all stats from the previous week are at zero

- When I'm in the top ten for most INTs thrown, the commentators say that I'm in the top ten for the least thrown