Madden 15 is out August 26th!

Your Mom

Is there a particular reason Manziel is the best QB in the game? He and the supercharged Browns just stomped me in the playoffs, never got a luck in and never came close to sacking him. Managed to contain his run game but then he just threw bombs to Gordon and Jennings that I couldn't stop.

Is there a particular reason Manziel is the best QB in the game? He and the supercharged Browns just stomped me in the playoffs, never got a luck in and never came close to sacking him. Managed to contain his run game but then he just threw bombs to Gordon and Jennings that I couldn't stop.

He's good on mine, but by no means the best. In fact, I have the highest rated QB in the game - Blake Bortles. I'm into my 4th season and he is 99 OVR.

Glennon actually got MVP and is 97 OVR, yet his team didn't even make the playoffs.

This was the second time I'd played the Browns in this season, in the first I relied on my usual blitz-heavy defence and he killed me with his feet. When I switched to 4-3 man coverage, he just picked us off with 10yrd+ throws constantly. They lost in the Superbowl to the Niners after beating the Dolphins, Bills (my teams) and the Broncos en route.

Also, played two games in the snow during the season. Really wished I got some pre-match warning so I could have moved out of the white strip or at least have the red helmet.

Glennon actually got MVP and is 97 OVR, yet his team didn't even make the playoffs.

This was the second time I'd played the Browns in this season, in the first I relied on my usual blitz-heavy defence and he killed me with his feet. When I switched to 4-3 man coverage, he just picked us off with 10yrd+ throws constantly. They lost in the Superbowl to the Niners after beating the Dolphins, Bills (my teams) and the Broncos en route.

Also, played two games in the snow during the season. Really wished I got some pre-match warning so I could have moved out of the white strip or at least have the red helmet.

(H)

• Like 2

I'm entering 2017 and Bortles is only a 83, so it doesn't seem progession is exactly the same in every Madden universe. Glennon is also low 80s, riding the pine behind Geno Smith who the Bucs traded for.

I should probably have clarified that I'm playing as the Jags (now London Bulldogs), so I have been playing as Bortles since day 1.

Had a very messed up glitch last night.

Guy I a playing diff an onside kick. I recovered it, but he touched it before it went 10 yards and got flagged. I decided since I was winning and he had no time outs left, I'd decline the penalty. After I declined the penalty, it gave HIM possession of the ball!

So, I've seen a few of you guys talk about the sliders on the difficulty settings. I generally find the offence challenging enough at the moment but I do seem to get an inordinate amount of sacks when playing on defence (I broke the sack record with Marcell Dareus at the Bills in 9 games on All Pro), so what would I need to change and what should I change it to to make it a bit more challenging?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've seen a few of you guys talk about the sliders on the difficulty settings. I generally find the offence challenging enough at the moment but I do seem to get an inordinate amount of sacks when playing on defence (I broke the sack record with Marcell Dareus at the Bills in 9 games on All Pro), so what would I need to change and what should I change it to to make it a bit more challenging?

I started a CFM with these sliders which I found over at Operation Sports' forums and even though I only played through a couple pre-season games I found the difficulty to be on the right side of things. Not ridiculously hard like All-Madden, but not too easy like All-Pro. I have found in past years that sliders really help bring out a more true feeling of realistic football you see on TV... sad it has to come to sliders for that; but it's been debated that EA is scared to include realistic levels of penalties and the like to avoid losing the "average" gamer. Blocked kicks are pretty much impossible for example.

Once again enjoy the game, have fun, and don't get slideritis!!! Nitpicking the game will drive you mad. It's not perfect, there are things you have to accept...sliders don't fix everything. But gentlemen, this is hands down the best console football game ever made bar non IMO....put to bed the ghosts of 2K past...seriously..they are dated on the field compared to this...just my opinion of course. I also suggest player lock on defense in the defensive cam if you want a real challenge! Amazing fun.

Tuner Update!!! EA released a tuner on 9/5/14 which addressed the user pass rush. I am happy to report EA has fixed this issue and no QB edits are needed at all to enjoy the game. I have played 3 test games thus far and have updated the slider set below to 1.4

These sliders were tested and developed exclusively for play in CFM only. I do not play Madden in "play now". Play now does play different than CFM due to confidence, XP and schemes.

Watch player confidence in CFM...it''s a very powerful variable that can/will significantly lower or raise your ratings and dice roll results on passes, catches, fumbles, sacks, tackles, INT's.

That is why Play Now and CFM play totally different.

Confidence can be a killer or great for your team and especially your QB. It is a new dynamic system that I feel is a real game changer inside CFM and far exceeds the hot/cold streaks of the last several years

Version 1.4 Sliders on Madden Share!!!

File name = ARMORSWORD

PSN = Todem

11/20/14 V 1.42 Final Settings

Settings CFM

Instant Starter - Off

Salary Cap - On

Skill Level - All-Pro

Quarter Length - 15 Minutes (12-15 user choice)

Accelerated Clock - On

Minimum Play Clock - 15

Game Speed - Slow

Player Progression Frequency - End of the season

Coach Firing - On

Game Play Tuning - Yes

Injury - On

Pre Existing Injury - Off

Trade Deadline - On

trade Type - Enable All

Relocation Settings - Normal

League Type - All

Team Settings

Play Call Style - Enhanced

Coin Toss 1st Choice - user choice

Coin Toss 2nd Choice - user choice

Strafe Assist - On

Pre Snap Menu - On

Coaching Tips - Off

Player Names - Pre Snap

Heat Seeker - On

Ball Hawk - On

Switch Assist - On

Camera Settings - Zoom

Defensive Graphics - Full

Kick Aiming Arc - On

Previous Play Information - On

Play Call Button Layout - Square, Cross, Triangle

Camera Toggle - On

Tutorial Popups - Off

CPU Settings

Fill Roster - Off

Re-Sign Players - Off

Progress Players - Off

Sign Off-Season Free Agents - Off

Simulate Game Prep Activities - Off

Sliders

Player Skill

QB Accuracy - 10 (+5)

Pass Blocking - 60 (-10)

WR Catching - 75 (+17)

Run Blocking - 50 (-5)

Fumbles - 48 (-2)

Pass Defense Reaction Time - 40 (-5)

Interceptions - 35 (+10)

Pass Coverage - 40 (-10)

Tackling - 30 (-5)

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 10 (+5)

Pass Blocking- 100 (+5)

WR Catching - 75 (+25)

Run Blocking - 65 (+10)

Fumbles - 48 (-2)

Interceptions - 35 (+10)

Pass Coverage - 45 (-5)

Tackling - 30 (-5)

Special Teams

FG Power - 50

FG Accuracy - 45 (-3)

Punt Power - 42 (-8)

Punt Accuracy - 50

Kickoff Power - 50

Game Options

Injuries - 51

fatigue - 60 (+6)

Min Player Speed Threshold - 0

Penalty

Offside - 52 (-2)

false Start - 54 (+2)

Holding - 60 (+8)

Face Mask - 51 (-1)

Defensive PI - 99 (+49)

Offensive PI - 99 (+49)

Punt Catch Interference - 50

Clipping - 54 (+2)

Intentional Grounding - 10 (+5)

Roughing Passer - 50 (-2)

Roughing Kicker - 50

Auto-Subs Developed and tested by aholbert32

These Auto-Subs were tested and work with Fatigue at 60 and playing on 13-15 minute Quarters with a 15 second accelerated clock runoff.

You just set these up inside your CFM. Click on the Roadmap tiles under your team page to access the auto-subs menu.

QB Out - 0

QB In - 3

RB Out - 78

RB In - 90 (+8)

WR Out - 30

WR In - 35

FB/TE Out - 30

FB/TE In - 35

OL Out - 0

OL In - 3

DT Out - 50

DT In - 55

DE Out - 50

DE In - 55

LB Out - 50

LB In - 55

CB Out - 30

CB In - 35

S Out - 30

S In - 35

Auto Subs input process for your CFM:

1. Make sure you set fatigue to 60 in your sliders section inside CFM

2. Make sure you play 13-15 minutes quarters with accelerated clock set down to runoff to 15 seconds.

3. When your in the team page of CFM select the tile "team roadmap" and go to the auto sub screen.

4. Input the auto sub settings above and your done.

The sliders are available for download through the EA servers as mentioned above, and are really only useable in Franchise mode and don't really help Play Now games. I haven't noticed if the Auto-Subs are fixed with this set yet due to not playing a full regular season game yet but subs are one thing that has bothered me in this game since it came to PS4/Xbox1

Played a few games with those new settings, really enjoyed them, a lot more difficult than the basic settings, although that may just be because I'm now playing as the Raiders >_>

It may be the case, also getting used to the new gameplay takes a few but I find madden has been the one sports game I always end up needing/using sliders for. Sad but whatever it takes I guess.

• 1 month later...

I started a CFM with these sliders which I found over at Operation Sports' forums and even though I only played through a couple pre-season games I found the difficulty to be on the right side of things. Not ridiculously hard like All-Madden, but not too easy like All-Pro. I have found in past years that sliders really help bring out a more true feeling of realistic football you see on TV... sad it has to come to sliders for that; but it's been debated that EA is scared to include realistic levels of penalties and the like to avoid losing the "average" gamer. Blocked kicks are pretty much impossible for example.

Once again enjoy the game, have fun, and don't get slideritis!!! Nitpicking the game will drive you mad. It's not perfect, there are things you have to accept...sliders don't fix everything. But gentlemen, this is hands down the best console football game ever made bar non IMO....put to bed the ghosts of 2K past...seriously..they are dated on the field compared to this...just my opinion of course. I also suggest player lock on defense in the defensive cam if you want a real challenge! Amazing fun.

Tuner Update!!! EA released a tuner on 9/5/14 which addressed the user pass rush. I am happy to report EA has fixed this issue and no QB edits are needed at all to enjoy the game. I have played 3 test games thus far and have updated the slider set below to 1.4

These sliders were tested and developed exclusively for play in CFM only. I do not play Madden in "play now". Play now does play different than CFM due to confidence, XP and schemes.

Watch player confidence in CFM...it''s a very powerful variable that can/will significantly lower or raise your ratings and dice roll results on passes, catches, fumbles, sacks, tackles, INT's.

That is why Play Now and CFM play totally different.

Confidence can be a killer or great for your team and especially your QB. It is a new dynamic system that I feel is a real game changer inside CFM and far exceeds the hot/cold streaks of the last several years

Version 1.4 Sliders on Madden Share!!!

File name = ARMORSWORD

PSN = Todem

11/20/14 V 1.42 Final Settings

Settings CFM

Instant Starter - Off

Salary Cap - On

Skill Level - All-Pro

Quarter Length - 15 Minutes (12-15 user choice)

Accelerated Clock - On

Minimum Play Clock - 15

Game Speed - Slow

Player Progression Frequency - End of the season

Coach Firing - On

Game Play Tuning - Yes

Injury - On

Pre Existing Injury - Off

Trade Deadline - On

trade Type - Enable All

Relocation Settings - Normal

League Type - All

Team Settings

Play Call Style - Enhanced

Coin Toss 1st Choice - user choice

Coin Toss 2nd Choice - user choice

Strafe Assist - On

Pre Snap Menu - On

Coaching Tips - Off

Player Names - Pre Snap

Heat Seeker - On

Ball Hawk - On

Switch Assist - On

Camera Settings - Zoom

Defensive Graphics - Full

Kick Aiming Arc - On

Previous Play Information - On

Play Call Button Layout - Square, Cross, Triangle

Camera Toggle - On

Tutorial Popups - Off

CPU Settings

Fill Roster - Off

Re-Sign Players - Off

Progress Players - Off

Sign Off-Season Free Agents - Off

Simulate Game Prep Activities - Off

Sliders

Player Skill

QB Accuracy - 10 (+5)

Pass Blocking - 60 (-10)

WR Catching - 75 (+17)

Run Blocking - 50 (-5)

Fumbles - 48 (-2)

Interceptions - 35 (+10)

Pass Coverage - 40 (-10)

Tackling - 30 (-5)

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 10 (+5)

Pass Blocking- 100 (+5)

WR Catching - 75 (+25)

Run Blocking - 65 (+10)

Fumbles - 48 (-2)

Interceptions - 35 (+10)

Pass Coverage - 45 (-5)

Tackling - 30 (-5)

Special Teams

FG Power - 50

FG Accuracy - 45 (-3)

Punt Power - 42 (-8)

Punt Accuracy - 50

Kickoff Power - 50

Game Options

Injuries - 51

fatigue - 60 (+6)

Min Player Speed Threshold - 0

Penalty

Offside - 52 (-2)

false Start - 54 (+2)

Holding - 60 (+8)

Face Mask - 51 (-1)

Defensive PI - 99 (+49)

Offensive PI - 99 (+49)

Punt Catch Interference - 50

Clipping - 54 (+2)

Intentional Grounding - 10 (+5)

Roughing Passer - 50 (-2)

Roughing Kicker - 50

Auto-Subs Developed and tested by aholbert32

These Auto-Subs were tested and work with Fatigue at 60 and playing on 13-15 minute Quarters with a 15 second accelerated clock runoff.

You just set these up inside your CFM. Click on the Roadmap tiles under your team page to access the auto-subs menu.

QB Out - 0

QB In - 3

RB Out - 78

RB In - 90 (+8)

WR Out - 30

WR In - 35

FB/TE Out - 30

FB/TE In - 35

OL Out - 0

OL In - 3

DT Out - 50

DT In - 55

DE Out - 50

DE In - 55

LB Out - 50

LB In - 55

CB Out - 30

CB In - 35

S Out - 30

S In - 35

Auto Subs input process for your CFM:

1. Make sure you set fatigue to 60 in your sliders section inside CFM

2. Make sure you play 13-15 minutes quarters with accelerated clock set down to runoff to 15 seconds.

3. When your in the team page of CFM select the tile "team roadmap" and go to the auto sub screen.

4. Input the auto sub settings above and your done.

The sliders are available for download through the EA servers as mentioned above, and are really only useable in Franchise mode and don't really help Play Now games. I haven't noticed if the Auto-Subs are fixed with this set yet due to not playing a full regular season game yet but subs are one thing that has bothered me in this game since it came to PS4/Xbox1

Thanks for these. I recently got a PS4 and its version of Madden and I was finding the difference between Pro, All Pro and All Madden to be a bit crazy. Only thing I'm finding is that I'm still racking up a lot of passing yards (I'm the Bills, EJ Manuel has gone over 350 yards against both teams I've tried so far - Jets and Chiefs). Also, the CPU seems to struggle a little too much with running the ball - I think I held Jamaal Charles to something like 25 yards from 20 carries.

If you play All Madden they'll have no problem rushing once they break to the outside. Tackling and sacking the QB is much harder with those sliders as well.

The Bills offensive playbook is actually the one I use for most teams as I prefer a lot of short crossing routes and inside and counter runs.