MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

Go into the sliders and turn down the pitch speed. That might help you out a bit.

Another tip is only swing at one type of pitch and one location early in the count. You might let some good pitches go by, but you will see more pitches and that will help you become more selective.

Thank you.

Just what I needed as well. :P

For those who do not play Fifa, add me! EddieFnGrant010

Playing as a Cubs, and I came two outs away from a perfect game with Edwin Jackson. It was broken up by a broken bat single that dropped just in front of my second baseman. Barney was out hurt, so I had a back up in and he couldn't make the easy play.

• Like 1

About 45 minutes off the disc. No idea about if it's different when downloaded. Welcome aboard The Show Train. :)

That loading took forever. I had time to grab a shower and still ended up sitting awhile just waiting for the damn game to begin. Started on Basic controls to get the hang of the game and beat Detroit with Atlanta 3-0. I think I'll change to the more advanced controls. Though I'm like Paton in that I seem to swing at everything. I toned down in the last couple innings but the first 7 or so were basically swing at everything.

About 45 minutes off the disc. No idea about if it's different when downloaded. Welcome aboard The Show Train. :)

That loading took forever. I had time to grab a shower and still ended up sitting awhile just waiting for the damn game to begin. Started on Basic controls to get the hang of the game and beat Detroit with Atlanta 3-0. I think I'll change to the more advanced controls. Though I'm like Paton in that I seem to swing at everything. I toned down in the last couple innings but the first 7 or so were basically swing at everything.

Dynamic controls are the way forward!

I'm pretty much pitching at a HOF level right now with Dynamic difficulty. After a really rough inning it might bump me down to All Star++++ or HOF-- or something but I'm more or less always around the same level. Regular All Star level pitching is no challenge for me.

Hitting wise, I'm still pretty much topping at high Pro/low All Star level. I had a few really bad games so I decided to try to play a couple games strictly at Pro and I found I was getting 10+ hits a game with ease so I went back to Dynamic and will just keep working at it.

I've got a new hitter before in previous versions of The Show, but never a perfect game. So strange to come so close in twice so close together.

Also, my Cubs now feature Will Myers is right and Shelby Miller in the starting rotation. Cost me prospects, but I see these two as better prospects then the guys I sent away.

Got off to a hot start with my Cubs. At one point was 7 games ahead in the NL Central. However, by the trade deadline we were 54-54 and 6 games back. I decided we were not going to contend and made some moves for next season.

I dislike Bonifacio, so I traded Samardzija to the White Sox for Adam Eaton, Jose Quintana and Avisail Garcia. Quintana is a decent 4-5 in the rotation, but I really wanted Eaton. Then I moved Jason Hammel to Minnesota for Oswaldo Arcia and took Josh Willingham just to balance salaries and give me a power bat against lefties.

We could still contend this season, but I think my team will be pretty good next season. Shelby Miller and Will Myers have both already jumped to 85 overall, and should continue to grow before next season.