MLB 14: The Show

Maxx

I could actually play now, I was without internet last month and will be online from now on so no stressers there.

I'd be able to set it up if we had enough people and the original organizer isn't interested or bothered to do it.

Been playing a lot of my Jays franchise, almost done April now. 15-7. Batting is at All-Star ++ and usually goes up and down from + levels depending on W/L. As for pitching, I've stuck onto the Hall of Fame level for the last few weeks in game. Throwing the ball really well with almost all of my starters, the bullpen has been a bit rougher. Traded two prospects to get a RP from the rockies farm team who was eating up time with a fat contract (Betancourt, 3.2 mill, roughly 78 overall)

Just tried my first game online and though the lag didn't affect me or the game it was a bit weird watching the ball travel a few times, having been an offline only player for years now. Had baserunners verge way off the lane too and sketch me out a few times resulting in two seperate outs on the basepaths but I was up 4-0 and throwing a no hitter going into the 6th and got some weird game disconnect error with PS4. Don't know if it was my disc or just the usual glitch bs that happens online in sports games....

• 2 weeks later...

Because Diamond Dynasty is the fourth best mode in the game behind Franchise, RTTS, and online Home-Run Derby. :P

HR derby is the only thing I've played online so far, shortly after I first got it.

I won. :w00t:

So I've been playing a shit ton of RTTS. I eventually settle in as the Diamondbacks starting 3B. I'm a power hitter and end up averaging about mid 30's in HRs each year. We've been pretty bad for the last few years but we finally put together a nice run after they trade for Jason Kipnis. We have a crazy good July but fall badly in September. We're never more than 5 games out of the division but we're definitely out of the wild card. We end up getting swept in our second last series and even though we swept the Cards, the Dodgers take the division. I was a little gutted, but at least we have next year.

NOPE! I get traded to the Red Sox two weeks into the next season. They have an awful team, with Archie Bradley as their ace but nobody to back him up. They've got a terrible pen and they are waiting on Pedroia's absurd contract to run out this year. Not sure why they traded for me but I'm on my way out as soon as this season is over.

• Like 1

Ended up having a pretty good season but the Red Sox were bad. Thought about staying and trying to give them a discount to let them rebuild. Changed my mind and signed with my biggest rival while I was a Dback, the Dodgers. Playing with Felix Hernandez, Chris Davis, and Buster Posey. This should be fun.

• Like 1