The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

There's also visual bingo

Harry Redknapp

Man with dog

Child gurning in background

Club official with laptop (playing Candy Crush)

A helicopter

Black Range Rover

Club statue

Colour coordination between Jim's tie and his female co presenters dress.

Strange stuff about Ashley Williams today. First, Soccer AM made a comment about him joining Arsenal and there's a picture of Williams at the Emirates with a fan, but date unknown. Second, Michael Chopra on Twitter told Williams to contact him or he's releasing pictures and texts. Williams has deleted his Twitter account.

I will be sad to see Williams leave, great servant to the club and Captain of Wales.

Hull are leading the race to sign Shola Ameobi.

Pretty sure it's not a 'race' unless there is more than one person in it :P

---------

Impressed by Leceister's business so far, smart (cheap) signings that add quality/depth - they're like anti-QPR as far as newly promoted teams go.

Hull are leading the race to sign Shola Ameobi.

Pretty sure it's not a 'race' unless there is more than one person in it :P

Why must you always bring race into everything :/

• Like 3

Not enthused by the latest round in the series of rumours which are either "PSG want ALL THE CHELSEA PLAYERS" or "Chelsea want MOST OF THE PSG PLAYERS"... Lavezzi at age 29 is still pretty good and all, but we'd be fools to play him up front and I doubt he's worth the money to add to our current AM ranks.

Whatever. By Wednesday we'll have switched back onto PSG really wanting to buy Hazard/Oscar/Cech/anyone else who doesn't make a lick of sense.

Seeing as Chelsea have arguably one of the best keepers in the world waiting in the wings, aged 22, selling Cech makes sense.

I'd pull the trigger now, the longer he's away the less likely he'll want to stay and sign a new deal. Shipping Cech to PSG and giving Courtois a long-term contract now seems like a good decision for all to me.

I still think the 'trigger' won't be pulled until at least next season. The most likely course is that we're letting him stay at Atletico for one more year in return for a) some manner of Diego Costa discount, and b) some assurances that make him sign a new contract.

Either way, of course, the matter of 'sense' relating to a PSG move also involves the "sorry...HOW much are you going to spend here, PSG?" factor. :shifty:

• Admin
Cardiff are expected to sign Federico Macheda on a free transfer.
Tom Ince has flown to Milan for talks over a move to Inter - but has stressed he has not signed for the Italian club yet.

Mauro Zarate has flown into London with the hope of wrapping up a move to West Ham from Velez Sarsfield.