The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Why the heck would United deplete their midfield even further? I mean even if by some wizardry they get Vidal, I'd expect them to keep everyone else just for bulking out the squad because they'd still be only an injury or two away from having a squad that's even more unbalanced than last season.

• Like 1

Why the heck would United deplete their midfield even further? I mean even if by some wizardry they get Vidal, I'd expect them to keep everyone else just for bulking out the squad because they'd still be only an injury or two away from having a squad that's even more unbalanced than last season.

Wizardry, also known as £40 million or so. :shifty:

Actually a little excited for Cambiasso to be in the Prem. Even though, you know, it's probably going to be painful to watch.

Wizardry, also known as £40 million or so. :shifty:

It's far too late in the transfer window for Juventus to sell, and even if they do sell, they'd be taking United to the cleaners, not accepting some slightly overvalued price for him considering he's at his peak.

Juventus aren't the richest club in the world, but they'd be seriously hampering their Champions League hopes and chances of winning Serie A when right now they're already in a patchy state because of the new manager.

Looking at Juventus' midfield right now, it's godly - Pirlo, Pogba, and Vidal, that's not a trio I can see them breaking up unless they can get someone of like quality in for whoever would be leaving; who would be available at this point in the window to replace? Alonso apparently, but he has just gone to Bayern, meaning Khedira is probably staying? I don't see why Juve would cripple their title and CL ambition unless they had someone ready to go.

For their part, the only rumours that seem to be circulating around Juve is that they are in for a striker, so can't see Vidal going at this point.

But where does that leave Man U? The squad looks threadbare at the moment, can they really afford to let any players leave?

How can Welbeck be let go? What happens when RVP or Rooney are inevitably injured? They really don't have the depth to release anyone without replacing them.

Also, where the hell is Di Maria playing?

In a 3-5-2, presumably you have 3 CB, 2 WB, 2 CM, 1 AM, 2 ST?

Meaning Di Maria is playing AM, which is the only position the other big signing Mata is effective, or WB, where they have Shaw, or I guess on the other side one of Valencia/Young/Rafael/Januzaj.

It just doesn't make sense, surely 3-5-2 is dead and buried with Di Maria?

Because we love doing things like this.

It's why we let Gibson go at a time when we had about 2 and a half centre midfielders fit.

I want Leicester to around buying all the old guys who were good. Bring in Trezuguet, Del Piero, Zanetti etc.

• Admin

Utd will end up with Daley Blind and by May he will have played in every possible position.

Swansea have announced the signing of teenage striker James Demetriou on a free transfer after his contract with Nottingham Forest expired.

• Admin

Aston Villa could face competition for Tom Cleverley after The Times reported Hull City have also offered £9million for the Manchester United midfielder. Arsenal and Everton are also reported to be interested, but would prefer to wait to see if Cleverley becomes a free agent at the end of the season.

• Admin
I guess because he is a home-grown player, goes towards the quota and all that.
Celtic have agreed to sign Serbia striker Stefan Scepovic from Spanish second tier club Sporting Gijon. The 24-year-old, who has penned a four-year deal, will join the Scottish champions subject to a successful medical and work permit being granted. Celtic will pay around £2.3m for Scepovic, while Gijon will have a sell-on clause in the contract.

Cleverley was brilliant when he first returned from his Wigan loan. He and Welbeck helped overturn a 2-0 HT deficit against City in the Comm Shield. He got injured and never reached those heights again. He used to be so attack-minded.

With a change of scenery and the pressure off, who knows.