EWB Film Club

Jimmy

How are we going to do this?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How are we going to do this?

• We take it on turns to nominate five films, then we vote on which one we'll watch.
    • A film a decade from 1910-2010
    • A-Z film
    • A different genre every week.
    • Take in turns to nominate a director, or actor, and everyone has to watch one film of theirs.
    • 10 films from 10 different countries.
    • Other

Nice, three of us managed to watch 2 films each this week. As per the rules, it's now back over to Lars! Hopefully we get Srar back this week :)

Also, seriously, so glad people loved Wild Strawberries. I think it's really up there for one my favourite films now. Just so beautiful and well done.

• Like 1

Has Jimmy picked once yet? He should get next turn, right? Doesn't seem fair just because he's running it that he doesn't get to pick.

Still! Eastwood!

EDIT: Larz! I just realized you could have double-whammied us with Clint Eastwood as director AND actor at the same time! Boo that you didn't do it!

Edited by Benkid

Has Jimmy picked once yet? He should get next turn, right? Doesn't seem fair just because he's running it that he doesn't get to pick.

Still! Eastwood!

EDIT: Larz! I just realized you could have double-whammied us with Clint Eastwood as director AND actor at the same time! Boo that you didn't do it!

Yeah man, my first and only pick so far has been Bergman. :)

Gran Torino was pretty fucking fantastic. Clint Eastwood really knows how to be a bad ass old man. He really does that a lot, doesn't he? :P

Watching Mystic River next, although it doesn't really count since I've watched it a bunch of times.

Edited by Benkid

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched both Seven Year Itch and Fortune Cookie, highly recommend both, but perhaps Seven Year Itch a bit more because I think it's funnier and for the fact that it has one of the most iconic shots in movie history. If you love the Matthau/Lemmon dynamic though then Fortune Cookie it is.