EWB Film Club

Jimmy

How are we going to do this?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. How are we going to do this?

• We take it on turns to nominate five films, then we vote on which one we'll watch.
    • A film a decade from 1910-2010
    • A-Z film
    • A different genre every week.
    • Take in turns to nominate a director, or actor, and everyone has to watch one film of theirs.
    • 10 films from 10 different countries.
    • Other

Sooo, a little late, but I watched The Seven Year Itch! Unlike any other Billy Wilder comedy. The Seven Year Itch seems ahead of its time in terms of sarcasm, cynicism and absurd dream sequences. Much like Some Like It Hot, Marilyn Monroe isn't the best thing about the film, nor is the motif of her skirt blowing up the most memorable, it's all about a wonderful script which is both incredibly strange but extremely funny.

Did you try any of the 'out there' stuff, though? I thought it was a nice progression to go from the usual to pushing things out, with the hope that it'd introduce people to a new type of film. Sorry if that ruined your enjoyment, though, that was never the plan!

That's fair enough. The system was always you could only pick next weeks film if you'd watched one, so I guess when it got down to just me, Larz & Ben it did get a little more obscure. I'd be happy to restart this with more people, or change the system, or whatever. I quite enjoyed doing this.