What is the first World Cup that you remember watching?

Euro 96 was the first tournament I'd heard of, and saw France 98 was the first World Cup. The game was brilliant.

Although, I remember with what must have been USA 94, I was in bed and was woken up by my parents cheering when (possibly Ireland) had scored, and I told them off for it. <_<

2006 was the first one I remember watching religiously, with the headbutt by Zidane to finish out the tournament.

Though I recall the '98 tournaments and on only because of the video games for N64 and the like.

I vaguely remember a few parts of 1994 (more individual players like Letchkov and Stoichkov, Daniel Amokachi, Diana Ross) but 1998 is the one I actively followed the most. Although realistically the first actual tournament I followed was Euro 96.

Not sure Diana Ross was a player

bigger diva than Christiano Ronaldo.

2002. Roberto Carlos against China, Wilmots' ''goal'', Rivaldo carrying us to the finals, Ronaldo coming back superbly, Denilson being chased by 19283019283219 turkish players, Rivaldo diving, South Korea, Senegal !!!!, Turkey !!!!, and that

Yeah, 2002.

Edited by RafaelFms

1994; long story short, we hosted a Swedish foreign exchange student in the 80s, and she would periodically check in and visit etc. So, she paid us a visit with her fiance, and he wanted to watch it. I think it was the Netherlands vs...someone .Anyway, I remember there was a big riot when the Netherlands lost.