UFC 2014

A-Dub

In the career mode, when you train to get new moves/increase your attributes, do you need to play the training tasks, or can you auto-train? I'm one of those people that like to just get on with the actual fights. I'd lose interest quickly otherwise.

• Like 2

In the career mode, when you train to get new moves/increase your attributes, do you need to play the training tasks, or can you auto-train? I'm one of those people that like to just get on with the actual fights. I'd lose interest quickly otherwise.

You have to do the actual training yourself, but it's just 3 different exercises each time, they're not hard and they don't take long.

As for moves, you just "purchase" the move you want and then boom, you have it.

Does anyone know how to posture up and pull-guard? I'm doing fine with everything else but for whatever I cannot figure out how to posture up when I get to the mount, meaning I easily lose my position, and when someone mounts me all I seem to be able to do is wiggle until I get them to half-guard. I can't even attempt to block to shots for whatever reason.

I didn't like it at first but I'm getting used to it. Scraped by my first couple of fights to decisions (I say scrape, I landed over 100 strikes in each fight, they just didn't do any damage for whatever reason) then finished up Ultimate Fighter with easy decisions. Still didn't do much damage though, which I think is a bit rubbish. I thought it was a problem with the game as a whole, but then my first UFC fight I knocked a guy out with a knee in the second round and it felt good.

Does anyone know how to posture up and pull-guard? I'm doing fine with everything else but for whatever I cannot figure out how to posture up when I get to the mount, meaning I easily lose my position, and when someone mounts me all I seem to be able to do is wiggle until I get them to half-guard. I can't even attempt to block to shots for whatever reason.

I didn't like it at first but I'm getting used to it. Scraped by my first couple of fights to decisions (I say scrape, I landed over 100 strikes in each fight, they just didn't do any damage for whatever reason) then finished up Ultimate Fighter with easy decisions. Still didn't do much damage though, which I think is a bit rubbish. I thought it was a problem with the game as a whole, but then my first UFC fight I knocked a guy out with a knee in the second round and it felt good.

Its just a short transition, take the right stick a quarter turn to posture up

Yeah... sticking with UFC 2009 in the end. Best career mode in my opinion, and I have nostalgia goggles for the gameplay because I remember playing it on our demo unit back before it came out and loving it, and then buying it and putting countless hours in with friends. 2010 was a great improvement on gameplay overall and UFC Undisputed was best for it, but both suffered in the career mode and this new one just feels too clunky for me. UFC '09 definitely had more going for it overall than the rest for me.

It really does look mostly the same comparing to Undisputed, too. You can tell graphically that it's better but, in all honesty, not by that much. Striking game is really weak too, you can hit a full on strike to the center of the face and it just slides off and the game reacts to it like a glancing blow.

Was worth checking it out, but I'm glad I didn't drop $60 on it. I can't see myself being happy with that purchase if I did.