Eddie's EWB Draft-Style Fantasy Premier League 2014-15

EddieG

Alright, I'll just pick whoever's got the highest value on the player list. :)

EDIT: Martin Demichelis it is.

EDIT 2: GoGo still on the clock.

Okay. We are 9 days from the start of the season. We're currently rounding ourselves up to having 7 to a team at this point, and we need 9 more each afterwards. Unless we get through the remaining picks at a round a day, we're gonna come up short for starting on week 1.

The way I see it, we have the following options:

1. We don't start the league until we're fully drafted, bypassing Week 1 and any further weeks needed to finish the draft.
  2. At X amount of players, or time til Week 1, we stop at the end of a round and pass out the remaining players based on a set ranking (the value column in the player list being one possibility) evenly.
  3. Everyone gets junk players added, and it's up to you to transfer them out and replace them with usable players. The system works so you can add new players atm only by transferring out a player currently on your team, and unless your really don't want Yaya Toure anymore, junk players seems to be the way to go. For this option, I'd probably do this around two days to go before the first game starts, and make sure it's at a time when everyone is online. Of course this one could turn into a clusterfuck and a half...
  4. We get a sudden burst of lists/picks and none of this post matters.

Any suggestions/thoughts are appreciated, and hurry up Jimmy! :P

Should we be doing something like this since we've got less than a week to finish this draft?

Okay. We are 9 days from the start of the season. We're currently rounding ourselves up to having 7 to a team at this point, and we need 9 more each afterwards. Unless we get through the remaining picks at a round a day, we're gonna come up short for starting on week 1.

The way I see it, we have the following options:

1. We don't start the league until we're fully drafted, bypassing Week 1 and any further weeks needed to finish the draft.
  2. At X amount of players, or time til Week 1, we stop at the end of a round and pass out the remaining players based on a set ranking (the value column in the player list being one possibility) evenly.
  3. Everyone gets junk players added, and it's up to you to transfer them out and replace them with usable players. The system works so you can add new players atm only by transferring out a player currently on your team, and unless your really don't want Yaya Toure anymore, junk players seems to be the way to go. For this option, I'd probably do this around two days to go before the first game starts, and make sure it's at a time when everyone is online. Of course this one could turn into a clusterfuck and a half...
  4. We get a sudden burst of lists/picks and none of this post matters.

Any suggestions/thoughts are appreciated, and hurry up Jimmy! :P

Should we be doing something like this since we've got less than a week to finish this draft?

Yes, I was planning on doing/announcing the second option tomorrow unless people had objections.

Also, could someone who has SDM's email please set up a team for him and provide him with login details, so I can start drafting, making the list easier to oversee as well.

Thanks Lin, after GoGo, comes.. oh, it's me. I'll get my pick in in a bit.

With my 9th pick I take Theo Walcott.

I'll go with Srar's last post that she will take anyone, going off the list, she'll take Kyle Walker.

LL on the clock.

Sorry, was asleep. I will consult my bowl of tasty powder and get back to you.