EWBFL PS4 Online League

DYSI

The trade screen shows me as having over $5 million in cap space but I really don't. Rookie contracts are taken out of my budget after that, so I still have just the $600k in cap space meaning I literally can't do anything in free agency.

I'll throw it out there again but the 3 guys I'm most looking to trade are WR Anquan Boldin, LE Ray McDonald, and LOLB Ahmad Brooks. Boldin and McDonald are both rated at 85, Brooks is a 78 I think. Basically just looking for cheap players/draft picks in return as I'm trying to free up cap room. Would love to get a serviceable backup CB making not a lot of money if possible but I'm open to anything.

Just out of curiosity I put all 3 into the trade screen and looked through the rest of the teams in the league, nearly every team has high interest in Boldin and a few have interest in Brooks and McDonald. I'm open to any trade offers but if I don't get any by Thursday I might try to dump some/all of them off to CPU teams for picks or backup-quality players. The interest meter is never totally accurate but I do need to free up some room.

I went pretty hard in free agency so I may have some picks to trade if I get everyone I'm after. Still think I'm going to need another WR at some point even if I get who I'm going for. Didn't really get a chance to scout fully given I only played half a season so I'll be dead in the water after the first few rounds of the draft.

Also, the Jags must have all the cap room, they appear to be the top bidders on everyone >_>

I completely forgot to scout although I didn't have many scouting points being a rookie coach. I'm pretty sure they give one last opportunity to scout right after the final day of free agency as it's basically just a "free agency recap" and since you know what players you landed you can then scout accordingly. I'm sure that's when we'd agree on a time to do the draft so we should have one last chance to jump in and scout.

Was wondering why I couldn't resign anyone...

Alright, I retired as a coach, re-joined as an owner and submitted the trade to you

Since I didn't get any offers for them I went ahead and dealt away Boldin and McDonald to the CPU as I said I would. Boldin straight up to the Packers for inexpensive backup LOLB Adrian Hubbard.. McDonald to the Washington Racist Team Name for a couple of draft picks. I swear I went to every CPU team to try and get their low rated backup CBs for Boldin but absolutely nobody would budge.

I should be set once DYSI executes the Brooks deal on his end. I'll have some room to sign a couple of free agents plus a ton of picks in the draft. I tend to suck at drafting so here's hoping I can at least get a serviceable player or three from the bunch.

Edited by Bad News Busch

Free Agency - Day 1 Recap

• SS Antrel Rolle signs with the Houston Texans, along with WR Kenny Britt, FS Rashad Johnson, CB Kyle Wilson, Kenrick Ellis, and QB Tyler Wilson
  • I managed to get a big haul in as well; C Ryan Kalil, CB Cortland Finnegan, LB Jacquian Williams, CB Darius Butler, FS Jamarca Sanford, RT Eben Britton and some depth at FB/CB.
  • CB Antoine Cason takes $2 mil for a year with Pittsburgh - they also get a dancing machine in BJ Raji
  • TE Scott Chandler mulls retirement but instead does one better and gets paid for it by signing with Jacksonville
  • Philadelphia Eagles pick up DT Ahtyba Rubin - that's a real name guys.
  • Srar and the Bears join in and sign 74 year old FS Charles Woodson
  • Seattle Seahawks pick up WR Malcom Floyd
  • Minnesota snags RT Mike Person
  • EWBFL Champion 49ers use some cash on a backup QB, inking Matt Flynn to a million dollar deal

Some notable CPU signings are: S Kendrick Lewis to Cincy and LB Bruce Carter signs with Arizona.

Even though it looks like Pepsi and I signed every free agent possible, there are still a lot of big names available. Suh, JPP, Fairley, Nate Solder, and Wes Welker to name a few.

Deadline for Day Two will be January 21st, Wednesday afternoon.