Football Manager 2015

Dan

I'm more surprised at MMD and Marco Van Ginkel.

Love Brenchill's team though. Horn, Gil Romero, Tonny Trinidade, Redmond, Bruma, Denswil, tis very nice.

I did have Balanta, too... but I sold him to Chelsea for £29m. I used the money to sign Trinidade, Redmond and Horn.

Has anyone else signed Caner Erkin? He is a monster. Technically gifted, high work rate and takes a mean free kick.

Van Ginkel got sold to Napoli for close to £30 million in my game. He has got the potential to be pretty good when he doesn't cripple himself (which, in real life, is all the time).

On an unrelated note, Man City just bought Luis Suarez for £23 million...

Started a fresh game with Newcastle because I wasn't happy with the tactics or with my preperation for the season, seeing as it was my first game to get the hang of it.

Trying a 4-3-3 now rather than a 4-2-3-1. Lost 2-1 to Palace in my first game, Zaha made an absolute tit out of Haidara and scored twice in the first half, hauled him off at half time with a rating of 4. Smashed Leicester 5-0 in 2nd game, so this could go either way!

I'm playing a 4-3-3 with Newcastle. It's lethal going forward but I need to work on the defensive side of it.

TQ/A-CF/A-CF/S

BBM/S-CM/A-BWM/S

CWB/A-CD/D-CD/D-CWB/A

SK/D

Looking at that, I would suggest to not make your wing backs CWB's, make them normal full backs with some extra instructions to make them cross it further up the field.

Maybe also turn your BWM/S into a CM/D, that will add another midfielder to the defensive game.

A defensive forward is also very effective in adding an extra defender who can also attack.

With the way you got it set up right now, you'll probably get beat in the numbers game everytime they counter you.

Edited by Jasonmufc

I have standard full backs mine although it's quite different from yours. Trying to implement a false 9 with the two wingers. Ayoze and Ferreyra are both suited to the role so I'll see how that works out.

Just narrowly lost to Man City away in my 3rd game so it's promising although I could do with a few wins with Everton and Burnley at home coming up.

I like my wing backs though, they give me the width that my midfield doesn't have.

I've been pondering putting the BWM into the centre but I really like having a CM/A through the middle, it's a 'vague' position so when Cabella is there, he's sitting in the hole knocking through balls into the box and he's got three attacking options to choose from and when it's Sissoko there, he's charging into the box like the magnificent dynamic bastard he is.

What I really want to do is work out a formation with attacking players drifting out wide and using my full backs as inverted wing backs driving into the middle of the pitch and having ALL the creative players anywhere and everywhere.

Ferrerya has become the subject of a tug of war between Argentina and Italy, I was asked in a press conference whether I thought he deserved a call up (22gls in 33apps) and both Martino and Conte replied.

It's always nice to have crazy width, but the problem you're gonna face with your formation is that during speedy counters you'll only have two defenders and a goalie, with the rest running for their lives to get back.

You can make FB's width crazy through instructions, whilst not making them a big a liability on the defensive end.

Seems sort of redundant, an Enganche just sits in the pocket behind the striker(s) and doesn't move around much and a DLP is either just going to be playing short passes up to him or long balls to the flanks and bypassing the Enganche. You're sort of playing the same role in two horizontally paralell positions.

• Like 1

17 minutes to go and I've reached the final game of the season

All played 37

Man Utd - +35 71pts

Everton - +20 68pts

QPR - +15 67pts

Spurs - +23 66pts

Chelsea - +25 65pts

Man City - +21 65pts

Newcastle - +24 64pts

Chelsea v Burnley

Everton v Newcastle

Hull v Spurs

Leicester v QPR

Man City v Palace

Stoke v Man Utd

I like that if QPR lose and everyone below them wins, they drop from 3rd and the Champions League to 7th and nothing. At game 30, it was Everton, Spurs and QPR 6pts clear of everyone else and since then all three of them have choked badly.

Seems sort of redundant, an Enganche just sits in the pocket behind the striker(s) and doesn't move around much and a DLP is either just going to be playing short passes up to him or long balls to the flanks and bypassing the Enganche. You're sort of playing the same role in two horizontally paralell positions.

My DLP was playing alongside a BWM with the E ahead of them.

I'll try and find another role.

Is there an extortionate amount of goals scored from set pieces in this or is it just me?

Just lost 4-2 to Chelsea. Two of their goals from corners and the other two from Azpilicueta's stupid long throws, Cahill and Drogba got 2 each. No chance at stopping them.