Football Manager 2015

Dan

Yeah he costs a pittance, although his wages are a bit high for my liking.

Since Colo got homesick and fucked off to the Argentinian Republic of Loftus Road (:shifty:), Sergi is my highest earner on £54k p/w.

He's my 2nd highest at £57k, right behind Colo who is going to be moved on in the summer.

He's good but I'm still kind of uncomfortable paying him that much when Cabella is lauding it next to him in midfield on nearly half his money!

Oh TTDV and Eder are must buys, Graham Carr was all over them!

Yeah those badges are really making me feel uneasy, fix it!

Also, the FA Cup runners up definitely gets a Europa League spot is this instance, right?

nobpfb.png

That's the way things are going into the last two games. My understanding is that 6th will get one through the league because of Liverpool winning the COC. Stoke's last two games are United and Liverpool so 6th is very obtainable. I just don't want to be putting out a full team in my last 2 games when I can gain nothing, given my recurring injury issues.

Also, the FA Cup runners up definitely gets a Europa League spot is this instance, right?

That is correct. The only thing is that the FA Cup runners up get the shittiest of the Europa League qualification spots [entry at 3rd Qualifying Round] (i.e. the one normally reserved for the COC winners), and the slightly better qualification spot that normally goes to the FA Cup winners [entry at Group Stage] goes to the 6th place in the league.

If that's not too confusing. :shifty:

CORRECTION: Actually, I believe that since both cup winners would be CL qualified, then 5th place in the league would get the Group Stage spot. 6th would get the Playoff Round spot. FA Cup runners up would get the 3rd Qualifying Round spot.

aka, apparently it was too confusing.

Nah that makes sense now! I'll go with a strong side for the first game, at home to Hull and see how much is to play for in the last one. I've beaten United twice in the league already, so I fancy my chances against them in the FA Cup with near full strength team.

Finished 6th but lost on pens in the FA Cup final. I bombarded United but still could only muster a 0-0. :(

Promising though that Joe Gomez had to make only his 2nd first team appearance since signing and had Falcao and RVP is his pocket for 120mins. Just 18 too, he could be a player!

I had a situation where I wanted a striker to take injections to get me through to when the next striker was due back. He refused and Private Chatted me about it. He said he was unhappy, I said "fair enough. Won't happen again." He said "I don't believe you. I've heard it all before and nothing's changed."

...It was literally the first time i've had this come up. I'd taken over three months earlier. I really like the idea of players calling you on your bluffs if you're a liar - but my word should be worth something until it's broken.

So I signed Christian Atsu from Chelsea for his £8.75mil release clause and he's instantly worth £15mil, which is great. But after he signed, I noticed he was rejected a work permit. This is despite starring for Everton last season and having a permit to play for Chelsea this season. What the absolute fuck? So now he's been farmed out on loan to Paderborn indefinitely, hoping he plays enough games for Ghana to get a permit.

I've signed Nani on loan as a temporary replacement which is actually OK. He's a massive upgrade over Obertan and I'm only paying 30% of his wages.

Having started a game on my new pc, I'm beginning to think that this FM isn't as challenging as I first thought.

I know it's not exactly difficult to play as United, but I'm somewhat surprised with how easy my game is at the moment. We're 10 points clear of Chelsea after 17 games.

My record in those games is W14 D2 L1. The big sides normally at least cause me some trouble, especially away from home, but the only points dropped so far have been away at Palace (0-0), West Brom (1-1) and QPR (L3-1).

We've beaten City 6-0 at home, Chelsea 3-0 away and Liverpool 4-1 away. We've scored 50 odd goals, as well as having the best defensive record in the league (despite a hugely attacking tactic).

I'm enjoying it, but it all seems a bit easy right now. Admittedly though, the likes of Chelsea and City have been in horrendous form.

Van Persie has been ridiculous, 22 goals in 11 starts and 5 sub appearances, and Januzaj is averaging a rating of around 8.0.

My squad is pretty thin though (I started with transfer budgets off), so I will definitely need to strengthen before Champions League football next season.

I wouldn't trust Plubby if he was coming at me with a needle.

I get that you guys were just joking, but I should point out that I already dealt with the joke. Fine, Soldado doesn't trust me waving a needle at him, fair enough. I told him that it won't happen again and he talks as if i've broken my word too much to be believable. It's the first time I waved a needle at anybody!

Finally decided to buy this game, is there any simple list or anything online that details what needs to be downloaded in regards to overriding fake teams and missing badges etc.? I assume Germany and Japan are still "greyed out" as international teams for instance.

Hope it isn't too much of a culture shock for me after seven years away from FM!

Having started a game on my new pc, I'm beginning to think that this FM isn't as challenging as I first thought.

I know it's not exactly difficult to play as United, but I'm somewhat surprised with how easy my game is at the moment. We're 10 points clear of Chelsea after 17 games.

My record in those games is W14 D2 L1. The big sides normally at least cause me some trouble, especially away from home, but the only points dropped so far have been away at Palace (0-0), West Brom (1-1) and QPR (L3-1).

We've beaten City 6-0 at home, Chelsea 3-0 away and Liverpool 4-1 away. We've scored 50 odd goals, as well as having the best defensive record in the league (despite a hugely attacking tactic).

I'm enjoying it, but it all seems a bit easy right now. Admittedly though, the likes of Chelsea and City have been in horrendous form.

Van Persie has been ridiculous, 22 goals in 11 starts and 5 sub appearances, and Januzaj is averaging a rating of around 8.0.

My squad is pretty thin though (I started with transfer budgets off), so I will definitely need to strengthen before Champions League football next season.

Man United always seem to do the best of the 'big teams' in the games I play.

Finally decided to buy this game, is there any simple list or anything online that details what needs to be downloaded in regards to overriding fake teams and missing badges etc.? I assume Germany and Japan are still "greyed out" as international teams for instance.

Hope it isn't too much of a culture shock for me after seven years away from FM!

I'm not at my pc to paste the link, but sortitoutsi has an "essential FM15" section which has the name fix, players, logos etc.