Football Manager 2015

Dan

I have no knowledge of the league itself, but is the qualifcation definitely for the following year?

It's not one of those leagues where the 2016 champions qualify for the 2018 tournament or something weird due to scheduling etc?

Edit - Or, ya know, Gazz's explanation..

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

after the hit&miss 18/19 season, I started off 19/20 in much better stead, we never dropped lower than 6th and at the end of the season we even had a small chance to work our way into the top 2 for promotion... But it didn't happen, since the pro teams did end up having the fitness edge over me and I was stuck in 4th place at the end... Which means I beat out 1 pro team, AC Horsens!

0095e7a7c3fb60b671e77a9600536e8e.png

My biggest issue was my shoddy defense, that took a very long time getting underway and until the winter break I was the 2nd worst defense of the league, combined with being the best offense of the league... T'was the main reason I never really contended, because everytime I would get a good run my defense would royally fuck it up and have gigantic meltdowns. (Including a 3-4 loss to Viborg FF, where I lead 3-0 at HT)... My biggest fail of the season being losing 4-5 to AC Horsens when I was leading 3-0 at half time... 3-0 leads tend to fuck me over a lot.

Despite massive 20.5K/m loan repayments, we made a profit through increased prize money due to better league positions (Danish Nordic League pays out 3 times a year, rather than 1 time at the end.) And earning 200K more over last year is kinda a big fucking deal...

So, I'm going into the 20/21 season, a new decade beckons, and as I slowly build up my team I feel that with a bit of luck I can make another run for promotion... The board still stonewalls me on everything thanks to the massive loan outstanding, so I can't change to pro, and I can't improve the stadium by adding more seats... So I gotta row with what I have, and hopefully sign one or two cheap guys that can improve my team... Even though I have a massive disadvantage in signing compared to the pro teams. The worst Pro team had a 500K higher wage bill than me, and I was 9th of 12 in attendances last year. Even when I do well, people don't give a shit about my club.

So because i'm semi-pro, and I'm part of the 2nd division, all my signings come from other semi-pro/amateur clubs, from the same division or lower... All the good players either go to the Superleague, or go to one of the four professional teams in the Nordicleague.

Good times in Denmark, at least the locker room isn't revolting like in France >_>

All in all, managing in Denmark is a fun experience. It's really challenging to beat the pro teams, and it's interesting to work with both amateurs and part-timers. And slowly building this team up to hopefully make the Superleague is really fun and rewarding.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 2

Just started a save as Bangor City in the Welsh Prem. Anyone ever had any joy in that league? Only played one game which was the Euro 1st round 1st leg against some Andoran team. We won the first leg 3-0

Bangor? :(N): RHYL FOR LIFE!

...But honestly, the margins are so slim in that league that it doesn't take much to build a team that can dominate domestically.

As for Europe, you will probably blitz your first opponents from Andorra/Gibraltar/etc. and then get destroyed by whoever comes next. :shifty:

Safely through to the 2nd round pretty comfortably but we have some polish team up next. I'm guessing we are on our way out!

Edit : We are out but didn't get destroyed. I was quite impressed with some of our play actually! We went out 7-5.

Edited by Dave T

My United game is moving along nicely. Into January now and top of the league, 2 clear of Liverpool with a game in hand but we have to go to Anfield in a couple of weeks. Into the 4th round of the FA Cup by beating Leciester away with only 10 men (a far cry from the 4-4 on my last visit!)

We've just beaten Spurs 2-0 at the lane in the league and will shortly be playing them in three consecutive games - League Cup semis and FA Cup 4th round. Lamela didn't play in the League game, hoping he also fails to make the others. Is he as godly as he was on FM14?

Falcao has started banging the goals in now, to the point where I'm holding off on spending the £20m I have available i January, so that I can try and get him in permanently at the end of the season. Think he's on 20 goals in 18 games, while RVP has 17 in 19.

I started my Ajax game using the December 2014 start date. Took over with Ajax 20 points back from Vitesse and having lost their last 7 of their last 10 in all competitions, drawing the others.

Out of all the cups so just had to focus on the league, a 17 match winning run including a 6-0 thumping of Vitesse meant I won it on goal difference after they lost 4-0 to Twente on the last day of the season.

Arkadiusz Milik earned himself a permanent transfer due to his 24 goals in 31 games. Lasse Schone was incredible as well, 19 goals and 11 assists in 38 games.

I just played Liverpool and beat them 2-1. They were playing the 4-4-2 diamond.

I've been playing the same formation away from home but changing to 'Flexible' from 'Fluid' but can't seem to win. Not sure why I would need to change a formation which is working to beat the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool at home.

• Like 1