Football Manager 2015

Dan

Do you guys watch the matches?

I never watch any of the matches, I just watch the commentary.

On 'extended' highlights...yes, absolutely.

Yesterday I somehow accidentally switched it to 'Full Match' halfway through. Took me at least five minutes to notice. :shifty:

• Like 1

Is it the same as last year where 'key' highlights are basically just goals (with the odd missed sitter)?

I seem to remember previously that 'Key' used to be a bit more varied, but I had to shift to the next one up last year (extended?). I definitely would've preferred a setting in between.

Edited by Whisper in the Wind

Is it the same as last year where 'key' highlights are basically just goals (with the odd missed sitter)?

I seem to remember previously that 'Key' used to be a bit more varied, but I had to shift to the next one up last year (extended?). I definitely would've preferred a setting in between.

near enough, yes.

I seem to remember previously that 'Key' used to be a bit more varied, but I had to shift to 'comprehensive' last year. I definitely would've preferred a setting in between.

Haven't tried Key this year yet, but I would assume so.

The only thing I personally don't like about either Key/Extended is the fact that the last 30 seconds of a game gets shown regardless of how dead the game is, seeing your opponent pass it around for 30 seconds whilst they take home a 3-1 win is extremely obnoxious and annoying.

EDIT: And the reason I watch extended is because it's easier to see where the team is fucking up and making mistakes, which I can hopefully fix and improve upon. You won't get that feedback in commentary.

Edited by Jasonmufc

The only thing I personally don't like about either Key/Extended is the fact that the last 30 seconds of a game gets shown regardless of how dead the game is, seeing your opponent pass it around for 30 seconds whilst they take home a 3-1 win is extremely obnoxious and annoying.

I'm fine with this, but I hate when you go to make a tactical change (or something) and return to find yourself 'locked' into a highlight of some random guy receiving physio treatment...before very, very slowly walking off the pitch.

• Like 2

I only watch the highlights if I'm playing shit, to correct it. If I've got a winning tactic, I'll race through games only commentary with replays if I'm onto a winning tactic though.

I'm also getting this for Christmas after skipping 2014! Yay! :w00t:

• Like 1

Anything less than full is cheating.

Also, you should literally take two months off from the game at the end of every season. Otherwise you shatter the illusion.

That's why I'm waiting for the actual date to catch up to the date I'm at in the Pentagon.

And if you get a touchline ban your assistant has to play the game whilst you sit in a different room.

:shifty:

The dressing room morale doesn't take much to spiral out of control.

And all because I won't play Kay Voser.

He must be the best friend of everyone in the bloody team.

I haven't yet had the issue of the entire locker room turning on me because I pissed one person off.

What I do have are players that are back 1 game from injury, and immediately whinge about not having enough first team time.

I had the season opener the other day, and after the game a player immediately started moaning about not having enough PT.

The dressing room morale doesn't take much to spiral out of control.

And all because I won't play Kay Voser.

He must be the best friend of everyone in the bloody team.

I haven't yet had the issue of the entire locker room turning on me because I pissed one person off.

What I do have are players that are back 1 game from injury, and immediately whinge about not having enough first team time.

I had the season opener the other day, and after the game a player immediately started moaning about not having enough PT.

I actually think it was because I didn't have a meeting with him - I think I was holidaying over a fortnight break and missed the opportunity. Still, every first team member was pissed at me, to the point where I was hauled in front of the board.