Football Manager 2015

Dan

2nd season in the Prem is going really well with my Norwich team.

First 7 games:

Newcastle 0 - 0 Norwich

Norwich 1 - 2 West Ham

Forest 0 - 3 Norwich

Norwich 3 - 1 Bournemouth

Man Utd 2 - 2 Norwich

Norwich 3 - 0 Liverpool

Spurs 0 - 1 Norwich

INS:

Angelo Henriquez (£10m, structured)

Jasper Cillessen (£7m)

Brayan Angulo (£900k)

Steven N'Zonzi (£8m, structured)

Sam Byram (£6.5m)

Jonjo Shelvey (£8m)

OUTS:

John Ruddy (£5m)

Gary Mackay-Steven (£2m)

Vadis Odjidja (£1m)

Ogenyi Onazi (£15m)

Still on FM14, since I only got it back in June.

Led Brighton to their best ever league finish - 12th in the Premier League! Since then Gordon Greer and Matthew Upson retired. So I've now got Tim Ream, Brede Hangeland and a couple of others to bolster the defense and try and go again!

Cillessen for 7M is a steal if I ever saw one.

I signed him really early in the window in Summer 2016. He was unhappy at Ajax. I had no money so I asked the board to negotiate the transfer and they signed him for me. So far he has played 13, conceded 10 and kept 7 clean sheets. Massive upgrade on John Ruddy.

My wonderkind Luka Jovic now has 8 goals in 14 games. He just scored twice in the last 5 minutes away at Man City to snatch a 2-1 win as well. Probably going to be bombarded with offers for him.

Aaah, new patch day, or as it is more commonly known 'watch as your perfectly cromulent tactics are now utterly useless day'.

My tactics still work fine. Patch has been out since yesterday

It's ruined mine, I play low tempo so now my team plays exactly like 'Centre to winger, winger to half back, back to centre. Holds it, holds it, holds it... holds it.'

• Like 2

Well, my first full season with Vendee Lucon started off... Shitty.

10 games, 2 sporadic wins, 2 draws, and 6 losses put me second to last in the league, and made me dread for the rest of the season as we had a top 2 scoring team, but also a bottom 2 conceding team.

But then I got very lucky with two easy cup sides, which I dominated 4-0 and 6-2, and that gave the team the much needed morale boost.

Since that start, I've had 10 more games. 4 league wins, 1 league draw, 1 league loss... But i've continued winning in the cup with a 2-1 win against minnow Saujon...

Round 8, and I got the extremely unlucky draw away from home against Stade Reims (who are in the running to return to rebound back to L1)... So needless to say, I was counting my final days in the cup...

10th minute, David N'Gog scores 1-0 for Reims, so all hope seemed to fleet away... Got a lucky penalty call in the 37th minute for 1-1... 5 minutes after it became 1-2, 70th minute it became 1-3, 77th 1-4, 85th 1-5, and 90th 1-6! :w00t:

I went to Reims expecting a hard loss, and I walked out with a 1-6 win against a MUCH better team. With my right winger getting 2 assists and a double penalty hat-trick!

So i'm not only in the 9th round (of 14) of the French cup, but i'm also on a 8 game unbeaten streak where I got 26 goals for, and 9 against! :w00t:

Hopefully the team can keep it up for as long as possible, so that we stand a strong chance to rake in a lot of cup money, and also get a strong position in the league.

Needless to say, I'm extremely excited right now, and sitting 11th after 16, 5 points removed from #3, there's still a lot of hope for a push for promotion this season.

• Like 1

First two games of the season for my Brighton side:

United and Chelsea.

Oh boy....

Lost 3-0 to United and then beat Chelsea 2-1! Third game was against Norwich. Won 3-0.

Six points from those three games was more than I expected.

Does anyone have any tips for getting your strikers scoring goals?

I play a 4-3-3. Wingers are scoring goals but my ST just can't score. He has great stats, but for whatever reason never scores and is playing shit.

What's your forward set as? On my experience False 9 gets the goals. Also male sure your wingers are set to drive crosses in as you get a lot more tap ins that way