Football Manager 2015

Dan

Aye:

The beta has been updated. Full change list here: http://www.footballmanager.com/news/fm15-beta-update-1503-available

My eyes are drawn towards the following:

MATCH ENGINE

Improvements to goalkeeping
Improved goals from direct free kicks
Fixed consistently, unrealistic high scorelines in lower leagues
Fixed headed backpasses leading to goals
Reduced own goal levels
Hundreds of other changes to match AI

INTERACTION

Improved balance of the ease at which a player can be talked around when they are unhappy
Improved balance of the amount of teammates who support players in their unhappiness
Fixed issue where players would ask to leave for first team football before they simply asked for more first team football

We shall see if the difference is actually noticeable.

9 games into my game, 7 points behind an undefeated Chelsea side and two behind second placed City. Liverpool 6th, Arsenal 9th, Spurs down in 11th. Sunderland have already sacked Poyet (they have a single point and a goal difference of -18).

Costa, Remy and Hazard are the top three goal scorers in the league. Di Maria and Cazorla are joint top assists. James Wilson has more goals than Falcao and Rooney and Lacazette - deadline day £13million signing - has more goals than Falcao, Rooney and RVP combined. Rojo is my second top scorer.

So I got the game for 25 euros, quite a bargain compared to the €50 asked on Steam.

- First impressions, my brain hurts from the changed layout, gonna take some time to get used to that. Unless someone knows of a good skin?

- Also, lol None/Summer League and having fuck all points to spend. This is gonna be fun...

- I thought you could freely place pips on tactics this year, a bit miffed at the lack of that...

- I like how you can ask a player who they want to tutor, even when they refused one. They're still dicks, but at least you can have them pick their tutee.

Edited by Jasonmufc

So I got the game for 25 euros, quite a bargain compared to the €50 asked on Steam.

- First impressions, my brain hurts from the changed layout, gonna take some time to get used to that. Unless someone knows of a good skin?

There's a skin that makes the sidebar icons only, haven't really found anything better than that.

Why can't you offer players' whose contracts are expiring in 6 months contracts any more? Is this a bug?

Oh, you mean signing someone from another club, I thought you meant renegotiations.

It's 3 months if they're under 24 I think.

I didn't get sacked in the end, gave the squad a bollocking at a team meeting, drew and then won four on the bounce.

2 wins in 9, then 12 unbeaten, then 6 without a win.

Confidence affects my squad a lot. :s

Why can't you offer players' whose contracts are expiring in 6 months contracts any more? Is this a bug?

Oh, you mean signing someone from another club, I thought you meant renegotiations.

Yeah sorry I was typing on my phone.

In previous games you could offer players whose contracts were coming up in 6 months a contract in January. Basically a free transfer. I don't seem to have that option unless I'm missing it.

I tried to sign Smalling (LOL) on a free, so yeah, he's over 24.

I hate renewing contracts.

It's probably the most annoying part of the game that I can't adequately delagate (like I can with Training). If I leave it to my assistant/etc. then they let 70% of them all expire so that's not an option.

It seems that every club I ever arrive at, the list of "contracts expiring at the end of this season" is literally the entire senior squad. With my total wage bill currently only a few hundred dollars under my total wage budget (even if I were to boost it by slashing my transfer budget to zero), can I extend the contracts of 20-odd players without most of them demanding small increases that together blast that budget to smithereens? Like fuck can I.

Going to have to be really careful in what order I try to negotiate them then, because inevitably about halfway through the board will say "actually no, you can now only offer this 1st team regular 20% of what he's already on" or some such thing.

Sigh.

In previous games you could offer players whose contracts were coming up in 6 months a contract in January. Basically a free transfer. I don't seem to have that option unless I'm missing it.

Who are you playing as? If it's an English side you won't be able to offer contracts to other English based players if they're still under contract.

Who are you playing as? If it's an English side you won't be able to offer contracts to other English based players if they're still under contract.

I'm Norwich and Smalling was the player I wanted. At least you can sign them for peanuts in Jan. Think Utd only want £3m but he's free in the summer.