Football Manager 2015

Dan

Man my start of the season has been the drizzling shits. I'm playing with Graafschap in the Dutch first division, and i'm expected to get a spot in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Right now i'm 19th of 20 after 4 games. I've lost 2-3/3-5/2-3/1-2. Scoring hasn't been an issue, but my defense are letting everyone go over them like they're 5 dollar prostitutes.

Of course, having zero qualifications as manager doesn't help either as my ''best'' stat is 10 and the rest are below 4, including 8 skills at 1.

It's gonna be a chore to get this team into fighting shape, that's for certain. Right now i'm trying to find some good loans from the big 4 of the Eredivisie, just to shore up the defense.

So I managed to win the FA Trophy smashing Stockport and won the Conference on the last game of the season in which me (Barnet) Gateshead or Bristol Rovers could have won it.

Last season best way to describe the team would be Gung-ho. Scored over 100 goals but conceded far too many so that's been the focus of my attention going into League 2.

Also: Newcastle won the Prem, Chelsea finished 5th, Mourinho got sacked and replaced Van Gaal who retired and AVB went back to Chelsea.

Man my start of the season has been the drizzling shits. I'm playing with Graafschap in the Dutch first division, and i'm expected to get a spot in the playoffs at the end of the season.

Right now i'm 19th of 20 after 4 games. I've lost 2-3/3-5/2-3/1-2. Scoring hasn't been an issue, but my defense are letting everyone go over them like they're 5 dollar prostitutes.

Of course, having zero qualifications as manager doesn't help either as my ''best'' stat is 10 and the rest are below 4, including 8 skills at 1.

It's gonna be a chore to get this team into fighting shape, that's for certain. Right now i'm trying to find some good loans from the big 4 of the Eredivisie, just to shore up the defense.

What tactics are you using?

What tactics are you using?

I was running a 4-2-4, and a 442. But both of them were lacking. Due to injury to my 2nd striker i've dropped to a 4-3-2-1 and that's just given me a 3-3 comeback draw, and my first competitive win of the season (2-0 against Twente U21)

Right now i'm gonna keep running with the 4321, since it actually gave me 4 points in 2 games, and hopefully it gets better with time. Of course, suggestions are always welcome.

I mean specifically, like roles/mentality/fludity/player instructions. :shifty:

Haven't yet messed with player instructions, other than ordering my goalie not to blindly hoof it upfield everytime.

Roles wise it's very basic, supporting wingers, attacky strikers. Fluid, attack/control depending on home/away.

EDIT: here's the 4-2-4, with player roles and such.

Spoilered for size.

5c85d00f17b29199851f839840ba2050.png

Edit2: And also the entire team, might be confusing due to my personal layout...

360bcc49b380c5f97228033a6c3fb05c.png

Edited by Jasonmufc

Well, for a start off, if you're going to play AMR/L's, you need a DMC to help cover the fullbacks otherwise they'll get doubled up on and you've got no one from midfield attacking and no one from up front supporting so you're going to have a massive gap between your midfield and strikers.

I'd say your best bet is to pull your AMR/L back to MR/L, that will cover your fullbacks, make one of your midfielders attack mentality (CM/A still works really well) and one of your strikers a support player like a DLF, SS or F9.

• Like 1

Had a tough 0-1 loss to Zwolle in the cup. They were better quality wise, and they got a lucky one. Still a very spirited game, and the team was good despite the loss.

Then a matchup against Ajax U21, were behind 1-0 at half time, but we came back strong and drove home a strong 1-3 win against them. Second win in 3 games, that's starting to look good.

Also something that's very dickish, but is pretty damn effective against many teams. Use both the team instruction of ''Prevent short GK Distribution'', and also set Player instruction on opposing goalies to always close down and on their weaker foot. It makes it extremely hard for goalies to play it short, and pretty much force them to hoof it upfield.

I'd reckon it's ultra effective against smaller ''skilled'' teams that you enjoy a physical advantage over. Force the goalie to hoof it long, and abuse their smaller midfielders. My vice captain (and team ''star'') van de Pavert has been bullying forwards with a heading succes rate of 77% (85/110) in 9 league games, including a heady (lol, pun) 15/18 performance against Ajax U21. Also averaging around 11,6 interceptions a game.

He might be my only good player, but goddamn does he dominate on defense. He pretty much carries the entire team every match.

Example against Ajax:

978381e4681c698a64b0658a7ee8e626.png

Example against Zwolle:

2fcc4c22fa9d7de1cb8aaa7b41ba3e6a.png

Edited by Jasonmufc

I'm guessing Josh Murphy becomes world-class later in the game. He's just tore Arsenal to shreds at Carrow Road. I beat them 4-1 with Murphy scoring two and setting the other two up. He's only 21 and already valued at £20m.

Jem Karacen is another great player if you're looking for a bargain in the PL. I signed him for £600k and I play him as a box-to-box midfielder. He's quality.

In February, finally managed to find a new job...

Vendée Lucon, a lower league French club that's on the edge of relegation zone. Objective is to get them out of said zone before the end of the season... No biggie right?

Well, apparently they have only 1 center back injured... I somehow won my first game 2-1, breaking their 6 game losing streak... But 3 players got injured in the process, because when it rains it pours.

So ive gone around and offered a bunch of trials to lots of free agents that are interested. I got 6 days before my next game, so hopefully I can bolster my squad with decent free guys to somehow survive.

So I've bought every FM game since WSM and played since CM 01/02 but I have having a hard time convincing myself to spend $50 at this point and some of the reviews I've read on Steam aren't helping my decision making. Would you guys recommend it at this point or am I better off waiting for a few patches/the price to come down?