Football Manager 2015

Dan

I don't get this game sometimes. Callum Chambers, Joel Campbell, Emre Can, Eric Dier, Ben Davies, even Pablo Zabaleta are all in their respective teams reserve squads and have played just one game between them this season.

Yeah, AI isn't great.

I always find the worst period in a Football Manager game is when the real life players are beginning to fade out and be replaced by all regens.

I think Gazz posted a screen (or just listed names, can't remember) of the Man City reserve squad on the 2014 game - and it was pretty much a team worthy of winning the PL outright.

I took over Man City in December in 2018, they were 17th in the league and still had Aguero, Silva, Nasri, Toure, Fernandinho, Kompany and had added Lamela to the squad. The previous manager wasn't play any of them.

Yesterday I got a message that John Terry had retired (in 2016). I went and had a look, expecting him to have played basically no games in his last season...but no, 27 appearances (18 PL, 9 CL). Well played, Mourinho A.I.

Although on the other hand, I was bemused to see Petr Cech sign a new contract after having made precisely four appearances in two whole seasons. No way would a human manager be given that much slack.

Almost at the end of the 16/17 season with Vendee Lucon, and the entire team went into the shitter.

I got a 8 points in 5 games demand from the board, and after 2 games we lost both... So I said fuck it, flipped Gaydamak the finger and walked out of the door before they could toss me out.

My great assistant also followed me out of the door, and that makes me a very happy chappy because he's 32 and has great judging ratings including 20 motivating too.

Immediately got into the act of applying at every single team, and the team that offered me a deal first was Skive IK in the Danish 2nd division. Not really a step up, but they're 6th and have a strong squad and a strong chance of competing for promotion in the future. And to make matters even greater, my assistant agreed to join me on my Danish adventure.

The team is in a bit of a money pickle, so I managed to talk expiring guys into lowering their demands greatly, at the cost of giving them a 50% wage hike if we secure promotion, which is a fair trade-off I recon.

But just like Vendee before, this team has a chronic lack of attendance figures, and despite it being a 5.5K all-seater, the average attendance is under 300. I assume the rest of the populace are too busy watching the womens curling team. :pervert:

Anyways, hopefully this adventure works out better than my first two... I've gone 1-1-0 in my first two games with a 3-0 win, so that's encouraging.

SpicyRepulsiveIbizanhound.gif

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

7 games into my first real season with Skive IK... And well, it's been a complete shocker of a rollercoaster ride from the get go.

6 games in the league, 5 won, 1 draw... 15 goals scored, 0! goals conceded. Leading the league with 16 points.

In the first round of the cup I won 4-0 against an inactive team, but nonetheless a crazy start of the season...

There hasn't been a thing we've been bad at, we've started playing and we haven't looked back.

The unbeaten streak is one thing, but the thing i'm most proud of is having 0 goals against after 7 competitive games, that's some insane shit right there.

The impressive thing is too that Svebolle, Ringkobin, and Skovbakken are all rated as top 4 teams this year, so it's not like I had an easy schedule.

8086b1eba9a91ceb3774c8fe831c100e.png

The only thing letting the team down are the appaling attendance figures, giving us little in terms of money-injections. The next game is against #11, and it will be a fan-day, so hopefully we can keep up the impressive outings and hopefully get a permanent boost to attendances.

I'm absolutely hype, finally found a team that works for me and where I'm performing as good as can be. I'm not expecting that this run keeps going, but I want to get as much out of it as I can.

One thing I don't understand about this game, is that the AI managers seem to hit the reset button on squad numbers for the second season.

I saw De Gea as 13, Rooney as 6. Minor detail, but irritating all the same.

Just started up a game as Palace. Won first game 1-0 away at Swansea, just lost 2-1 at home to QPR. :-(

Think I'm going to need to sign a striker at some point, these lot are poor.

Chelsea just had three men sent off in the Super Cup (which they lost 2-1 to Man Utd).

I can't remember if I've seen any team get three men sent off in FM before...

I have, and that team also went down to 7 men due to an injury and all their subs had been used. Won 7-0, which sounds impressive but in the context it isn't. Was a few versions ago now.

One thing I don't understand about this game, is that the AI managers seem to hit the reset button on squad numbers for the second season.

I saw De Gea as 13, Rooney as 6. Minor detail, but irritating all the same.

Just started up a game as Palace. Won first game 1-0 away at Swansea, just lost 2-1 at home to QPR. :-(

Think I'm going to need to sign a striker at some point, these lot are poor.

They do swap numbers around, I think it's more to do with "preferred numbers" than anything else. De Gea always wants 13, I guess the AI just give in.

I have no idea to explain this, but my current season with Skive IK has been the best season i've experienced in a very very long time playing FM...

Sure I got knocked out by Danish #2 Brondby, but apart from one league loss the team has been unstoppable in every possible way. Our G.D. is through the roof, and we're dominating the league with ease.

The only thing that's absolutely shit are our attendance figures, not even the game against Brondby got us more than a small bumper crowd of under 500 people. And the last game against Ringkobing which was a fan-day where locals could get free tickets only got 425 spectators... I can't even fill a stadium when the tickets are free, i'm the Danish football equivalent of TNA <_<

aa32063f17d72439b42f6f09002d0856.png

• Like 2

Also, the ref AI is a fucking massive raging cunt that needs to die a painful slow death.

The opposing team is going full terror on my side, injuring 4 guys and roughing up everyone who breathes... Get warning and 1 yellow card. My team mistime a few tackles and they get yellow and red up the ying-yang.

It's really starting to piss me off, We are #5 in bookings whilst we play a smart and slow game. Whilst the AI terrorizes my team and gets away with bloody murder.