Football Manager 2015

Dan

I hate long throw ins!! Azpilicueta getting a hattrick of assists against me because of long throws and losing 3-2 because of it is so annoying!!

It's your tactics!

Actually, it's the match engine. Same as the free kicks into the near post I mentioned earlier, defenders just don't seem to be able to defend long throws.

Am trying to keep track of how my manager stats change over time. In the last six months (in which time I've not completed any new coaching badges or anything), I've seen the following improvements:

Technique Coaching +2 (5 > 7)

Player Knowledge +1 (8 > 9)

Youngster Knowledge +1 (7 > 8)

Man Management +1 (7 > 8)

I could guess than the three Mental attributes improved just over the course of playing the game, or maybe good player interaction (for Man Management) and so on.

No idea why my Technique Coaching has improved though. Maybe something to do with the style of football we've been playing?

I hate long throw ins!! Azpilicueta getting a hattrick of assists against me because of long throws and losing 3-2 because of it is so annoying!!

It's your tactics!

Actually, it's the match engine. Same as the free kicks into the near post I mentioned earlier, defenders just don't seem to be able to defend long throws.

Shut up, Anti-Miles!

I've had mixed results playing a 4-2-2-2 with Man Utd.

GK: Ben Johnstone (Dea Gea out for 9 outs, can't get Valdes for another 2 months because he's still injured, sold Lindergaard)

FB (Defend): Rafael

CB (Defend): Rojo

CB (Defend): Jones

FB (Defend): Shaw

RPM: Di Maria

BWM (Defend): Fellaini

AP (Support): Mata

W (Attack): Valencia

DLF (Attack): Rooney

AF: Falcao

Lost 3-2 to Newcastle, beat QPR 1-0 and beat Everton 2-1. Rooney is playing crap but the system seems to suit Di Maria perfectly.

How have you guys been setting your stats for playing with Premier League clubs? Do thry make much difference?

Had a quick play with United yesterday to get used to the new stuff. I set my stats on the lowest (no quals, sunday league footballer). Not sure if I would be better off with at least qualifications higher?

Can't decide between starting with Leicester and starting unemployed at the bottom.

Played 3 games in my united save, different formation in each. Won 2-1 at Sunderland but got battered, 4-2 at home to West Brom, then somehow lost 4-3 at Arsenal despite absolutely dominating. Seems like my tactics are going to be wildly inconsistent once again!!

GK: Ben Johnstone (Dea Gea out for 9 outs, can't get Valdes for another 2 months because he's still injured, sold Lindergaard)

Lost 3-2 to Newcastle, beat QPR 1-0 and beat Everton 2-1. Rooney is playing crap but the system seems to suit Di Maria perfectly.

The 40 yards of space between your fullbacks and wingers is giving me nightmares...

So I managed to talk the board into buying the stadium, and at the end of the season they managed to get it done...

They got fleeced into paying 2,3M euros for a 5500 (500 seater) where they had to pay only 14K a year for rent... Now we'll have to pay 20K a month in bank loans... Feck >_>

Like so often the start of the season was shit, and the team looked completely out of their depth in the Nordicliga, we were expected to finish 5th (out of 12), but close to the winter break we were sitting 11th and in position to make the drop back again. The players were pissy, and everyone was turning against me like in France before...

So I tried something new, something radical... A 4-3-3 without wingers and it simply clicked, and we started to win big, the final 17 games of the season we lost only 3, drawing 2, and winning 12 of them... So even in the end, we somehow managed to claw our way back up the rankings, into our expected spot of 5th.

a188c3936ce0137825d8053ca5449a23.png

But as you can see, the gap between the worst Pro team and the best semi-pro team (me) is still quite a ways off. And the differences in the amount of training each can do, and the players each can sign, it's going to extremely hard breaking through and somehow making our way into promotion range with a semi-pro team...

Adding to that our future financial woes, we're gonna have a very tough time in the Nordicliga. Our sponsor money has grown by 50K, but if everything stays the same we'll still have a 75K deficit at the end of the season with us having to pay 225,5K of loans.

Sooo... Good times, I guess. Time to find more bargains, continue on my non-transfer-spending ways, and hope we can build a better team for the same amount of cash (30K a month)...

The 40 yards of space between your fullbacks and wingers is giving me nightmares...

Turns out that formation works a hell of a lot better with supporting WB's and 'pass short' and 'retain possession'. Won two games 4-0 on the spin. Falcao has 9 goals in 7 games.

(H)

Fight Facism. Eat Nazis. Win the 2.Bundesliga. Got no money. This is going to be painful. Bayern Munich away on the opening day. Sankt Pauli.