I Need Help With Consoles

EndOfAnEra

I'm still indecisive. I think the PS4 is likely the better console, but the XBone has Sunset Overdrive and that's the console exclusive I most want to play. I will have one of the two by the end of the year hopefully, though my car fucking breaking down yesterday might ruin that dream.

• Like 1

EndofanEra, do you have friends? If yes, what console do they use? Get whatever one the ones you like best use. If no, then do you like Halo? If yes, get a One. If no, then get a PS4, because the hardware is like 2% more efficient and it's cheaper by £3.

I don't really base it on friends because I like to game on my own. The reason this came up in the first place was because I was set on the xbox, then found out about Last Of Us, which looks like it's up my alley. I'm not concerned at all about which hardware might be slightly better, I just don't want to be kicking myself that I got console A but this game that I want is console B only.

EndofanEra, do you have friends? If yes, what console do they use? Get whatever one the ones you like best use. If no, then do you like Halo? If yes, get a One. If no, then get a PS4, because the hardware is like 2% more efficient and it's cheaper by £3.

I don't really base it on friends because I like to game on my own. The reason this came up in the first place was because I was set on the xbox, then found out about Last Of Us, which looks like it's up my alley. I'm not concerned at all about which hardware might be slightly better, I just don't want to be kicking myself that I got console A but this game that I want is console B only.

I'd make the argument that over a course of time, that will happen irrelevant.

It constitutes a feature, it's just not one that matters to me and not one that I think should be the be all end all for most people when deciding on a console. The Xbox is supported 100% more than the PS4 is. That's just a fact. We are constantly getting updates that improve the UI and overall performance of the system. So yes, the framerate and resolution matter, but i'm just tired of people saying the PS4 is the better system because of it. Because it's not. I play games with a ton of other people, and the One is just far more accessible in a social aspect. Sure, you can say that PC's are better at it, but that's just not the matter at hand.

I don't even fucking get this. The One is more accessible in a social aspect for you because that's what all your friends have. Of course it is! For the two hundred million or so that got a PS4, that's the more accessible. The PS4 is plenty supported. No, the UI doesn't seem to get updated, but it works, so why does that matter? If you honestly think they're not supporting their pride and joy that's still selling crazy amounts of copies, I've got a few bridges I'd love to sell you.

Both systems are basically identical. The PS4 has slightly better hardware. That's a fact. It's not better enough for most people to bother caring about, I totally agree. The only valid reason to pick one console over another at this point is because that's the one your friends are getting, or you're really into Halo or Naughty Dog games. That's it.

So let's not do this all again, because when everyone is grasping at the smallest straws to prove their point, it's a good indication that it's not worth arguing about.

This is pretty much the best advice.

I'm still indecisive. I think the PS4 is likely the better console, but the XBone has Sunset Overdrive and that's the console exclusive I most want to play. I will have one of the two by the end of the year hopefully, though my car fucking breaking down yesterday might ruin that dream.

Sunset Overdrive and Halos 1-4 being released for the One (having never played any Halo games) is pretty much what swayed me, despite me being 100% set on a PS4 before that.

Do you have any of the old gen consoles, because Last of Us PS4 seems to be almost exactly the same as the PS3 version (with better graphics obviously).

Well, graphics and framerate and I think comes with the dlc too. But moving on.

I have neither, but will be getting a ps4 at xmas time. With infamous and shadows of mordor to start. It comes with last of us in the bundle, which most places are selling at cost of normal system.

Which I would think, since you mentioned that it is a game you wanted to play would be a big sway, if you can manage that. Getting it for free when it's something you want.

What kind of games do you like to play?

Fact of the matter is, the PS4 is supported. Duh. Of course it is, but it isn't supported as well as the One is. Period. You don't have to bog through a bunch of screens just to send someone a message. You hit the guide button twice and can send a message in 10 seconds. For some people, like apparently you, that doesn't matter. And that's fine. But it matters to me, and this is a debate on which console is better IN OUR OPINIONS. The UI for the One is just better. Who cares? Fine, I guess that's an acceptable response. If you're going to be using the system a lot, the UI had better matter to you in the long run, because you'll be using it a shit ton.

I've honestly seen it all, a shortcut to send a message is being used as a reason for a console being superior. :facepalm:

They're basically the same and have mostly the same games, there's no need to get defensive about a purchase. The exclusives are minimal and there's no system shifter and likely won't be until a Halo or Naughty Dog release.

The PS4 UI is great, clean, easy on the eyes and not niggly. I haven't seen the XBO's UI but I'm sure that's brilliant too.

• Like 1

Fact of the matter is, the PS4 is supported. Duh. Of course it is, but it isn't supported as well as the One is. Period. You don't have to bog through a bunch of screens just to send someone a message. You hit the guide button twice and can send a message in 10 seconds. For some people, like apparently you, that doesn't matter. And that's fine. But it matters to me, and this is a debate on which console is better IN OUR OPINIONS. The UI for the One is just better. Who cares? Fine, I guess that's an acceptable response. If you're going to be using the system a lot, the UI had better matter to you in the long run, because you'll be using it a shit ton.

I've honestly seen it all, a shortcut to send a message is being used as a reason for a console being superior. :facepalm:

They're basically the same and have mostly the same games, there's no need to get defensive about a purchase. The exclusives are minimal and there's no system shifter and likely won't be until a Halo or Naughty Dog release.

The PS4 UI is great, clean, easy on the eyes and not niggly. I haven't seen the XBO's UI but I'm sure that's brilliant too.

I'm not saying the shortcut makes it better and if that's what you took out of my point, you missed it. Microsoft has been listening to what people want and have been adding them over time. This was a simple request people asked for and they added it. While it doesn't make the system superior in itself, the updates to the system do. The PS4 has pretty much stayed the same since launch with minimal changes. The One's UI has changed for the better, but that is to be expected as the 360 did as well while the ps3 never really did.

Well, graphics and framerate and I think comes with the dlc too. But moving on.

I have neither, but will be getting a ps4 at xmas time. With infamous and shadows of mordor to start. It comes with last of us in the bundle, which most places are selling at cost of normal system.

Which I would think, since you mentioned that it is a game you wanted to play would be a big sway, if you can manage that. Getting it for free when it's something you want.

What kind of games do you like to play?

Skyrim, Red Dead Redemption, Halo and Call of Duty are in there too. I'm hoping for a big open world RPG, but it doesn't seem like either console has that yet? Mad Max will get picked up when it comes out.

Yeah neither console has a proper open world game - I mean, GTA V remastering is coming out in November and Sleeping Dogs remaster just hit shelves but nothing that's exclusive to this geneation. Most of that stuff thankfully also manages to hit both of the consoles - so much work goes into them that the home studios rarely want to gamble on a task so large and anyone else publishing wants to reach everyone they can.

ps4 along with ps3 and pc have Final fantasy a realm reborn. Thats an MMO thats got pretty high ratings if you're interested into MMO type things. Its got some pretty good ratings across the board. Other than that, Apshams right there isn't a lot on Consoles. DC universe online is around too, I guess.

86 on metacritic. Thats pretty damn decent for an mmo.

DCU is just such a boring game. You're better off with the f2p mmos on PC.

... in your opinion. I know a decent amount of people who really enjoy it. :-/

• Like 2