As he can't afford a PS4, Hamster completes the PS3 games that he gave up on in the past

I got quite a long way in ME3...Which does kinda make restarting tough as the missions are getting trickier and I'll be out of practice.

With Watchdogs, while driving around un it a while back, I just suddenly thought that I'd rather be playing GTAV. It's a decent game but not as magnificent as I hoped I guess.

Tried Bladestorm again last night and it's borderline unplayable due to horrible camera control and movement.

Fuck I've got X-com too. I'm looking forward to that one. I've also got my smaller Wii backlog of Mario Galaxy and DKCR, multiplayer stuff can wait until my two year old is slightly older.

I've got 'fear of controls' for Arkham City and MGS, I'm just going to be shooting at random.

If you play on normal difficulty and get to grips with the system quick, it can be done in about 20 hours. Playing on a harder difficulty with some of the more punishing elements in play (like Iron Man Mode) has the potential to eat away at your time on the level of Civ.

I got quite a long way in ME3...Which does kinda make restarting tough as the missions are getting trickier and I'll be out of practice.

With Watchdogs, while driving around un it a while back, I just suddenly thought that I'd rather be playing GTAV. It's a decent game but not as magnificent as I hoped I guess.

Tried Bladestorm again last night and it's borderline unplayable due to horrible camera control and movement.

That was my exact thought on Watchdogs. Good, not great but I'd rather play GTAV

So just finished arkham origins. There's some bullshit bugs in that, kept me from collecting a trophy. .. whatever.

On to arkham clone. Amazing spiderman, based off of movie just released few years back.

Holy fuck Web slinging outdoors is incredible. Spent 30 minutes just exploring the city. Amazingly well done there. Rest of game? Batman clone. But so far liking it

8/10. Spiderman looks incredible but rest of cast doesn't for some reason. Bruce Campbell is back in it. Awesome.

My backlog is insane and I just keep adding more games to it :(

Currently working on black flag and then after that there about 40 games that need me attention, some of which the packaging is still on.

• Like 1

BACK FROM THE DEAD #2: Bladestorm: 100 Years War

Reason for shelving: Probably not good enough to keep my attention

Errrrm well, I tried, I really did but about 30 minutes in I gave up again because it's horrible.

bladestorm_the_hundred_years_war_166.jpg

Much excitement. 'Nuff disappointment.

It has some redeeming features - I like how you can choose either the English or French to fight for each battle and as you progress you can command different types of units. I like that you can flick between the units that you command and there is a knack to timing attacks well.

However, it's NOT aged well. The script is a horrible, horrible Japanese attempt at doing olde English, with stupid characterisation. The camera nearly killed it for me in one fell swoop (INVERSSSSSSSSIOOOON) and sometimes it's just not clear what you're doing.

Ultimately, at the time I kinda liked it because it was different....But that was when there were fewer than 10 PS3 games. Now, with the PS4 the new console on the block, this shows its age badly, but without any of the charm that classic games retain.

If only.

Anyway just gone back to Farcry 3. For some reason I managed to stop playing the game just before a ridiculously entertaining mission involving burning down all the drug fields of the psychopathic local drug baron using a flamethrower and with a ridiculous dub-reggae song playing during it instead of the usual atmospheric background rumbles.

That was entertaining.

• Like 1