Beloved Childhood Movies, TV and Books

Benji

I was in to a ton of stuff as a kid, but Yu-Gi-Oh was probably my longest and most intense phase. I was known as "Yu-Gi-Oh kid" in elementary school. Had the backpack, shoes, t-shirts, beach towels. Binders upon binders full of cards and played it in recess every day. I was a walking billboard for that damn show. Dragon Ball Z and Pokemon as well but no where near to the same degree.

Oh, Goosebumps has reminded me, Choose Your Own Adventure books, especially the Jackson/Livingstone Fighting Fantasy series. Those were my childhood.

I swear sometimes you're my long lost twin. :shifty:

They've actually started releasing digital versions of the books as Android apps. I've got about 20 of the original books somewhere too, I really should get around to collecting the whole set at some point.

I don't have a smart phone or tablet or anything, so don't have any of that, but I was aware of the apps, which is a really cool idea. I, sadly, got rid of all of mine years back, but have gradually built up a small collection from charity shops, carboot sales and whatnot, just for fun. I was going to do a blog about it, detailing my quest to complete the series through the same means I would have acquired them in the first place - basically all second-hand and by chance, never going out of my way to do so - and even ended up with a Spanish copy of one of them as part of that, but it never really amounted to anything. I bonded with one of the guys from CIW when I went round his flat and saw that he had an entire shelf of the things. Brilliant stuff.

God, M.A.S.K., that was awesome. I'm pretty sure all of my long-standing back problems stem from the time my brother speared me off the top of the bunk bed while we were wrestling, and I landed on the V.E.N.O.M. spaceship.

Beetlejuice,Batman,Spider-Man,Power Rangers, Dragon Ball Z and Kenan & Kel. Got sucked into Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh too. To this day I still love them all(Ok my love for Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh has boiled down to the games. Don't care much for the animes). Cartoon Lydia Deetz is probably my favorite cartoon character ever, I collect Spider-Man stuff, I'll watch or read anything Batman, I have a stuffed White Ranger that sits on my desk and I often describe JDF as my hero, I end up watching DBZ in chunks at least once a month and I'm still hoping for a full on Kenan & Kel reunion.

As for movies I loved Lion King,Aladdin,The Aristocats,Hercules, The Power Ranger movie and The Rugrats Movie.

I loved that in the Yu-Gi-Oh anime they just made the rules up as they went along, especially the episode where a moon was blown up and that stopped a fisherman from winning somehow.

I lived for Robot Wars when I grew up, there's a startling lack of robots being flipped and crushed on television today.