50 Cent Booed Off Stage

Guest BacknBlackHoez

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He shouldn't ahve been on the bill. Leeds/Reading ahve always been advertised as rock shows, just look at who headlines.

The organsiers need sorting out though, they had fucking Daphne and celeste up there a few years ago, tehy got soaked in bottles of piss.

So they can't at least TRY to let other music play there, without throwing lawnchairs and spewing racial shit as fineintent pointed out? Having pride in your own music is one thing, but not being open, or at LEAST patient of other music is another.

Most of those people have heard Fifty's music because it's a very radio open song, the population of the festival agreed it was shit, it's not a matter of being open, the entire point of the festival is a rock festival, booking a guy who isn't even liked that much in hip-hop circles at a major rock festival was suicide for the guy.

It's not just a rock festival. I saw Roots Manuva, Dizzee Rascal, Shystie, The Streets, Jurassic 5, DJ Newmark, The Roots and Mike Patton & Razhel who were all recieved well. I think it was just a reaction to the average nature of 50 Cent's music. But that was no excuse for what occured.

It's not just a rock festival. I saw Roots Manuva, Dizzee Rascal, Shystie, The Streets, Jurassic 5, DJ Newmark, The Roots and Mike Patton & Razhel who were all recieved well. I think it was just a reaction to the average nature of 50 Cent's music. But that was no excuse for what occured.

Generally the festival is rock music, it's accepted as such, that's what I meant. My point was that people had heard his music beforehand and didn't like it, arguing what Apple|Shampoo said about people not being open. 50 was a guaranteed boo in my view, but yes, like you said, the crowd shouldn't have reacted like they did... but they did.

I just watched the video; wow. Stupid people being stupid, ha ha. It's like the RoH Jeff Hardy match except take away the clever chants and replace it with people throwing bottles.

The crowd there are pretty much idiots, sorry but it's true. When someone comes to put on a show for the fans, they really shouldn't stand there and throw stuff at them. Sure if you don't like the music then just ignore it but at least appreciate the fact that there's people on stage singing for you. I'm not a huge fan of 50 or G-Unit but they certainly earned more respect for staying up on stage and stuff.

The crowd there are pretty much idiots, sorry but it's true. When someone comes to put on a show for the fans, they really shouldn't stand there and throw stuff at them. Sure if you don't like the music then just ignore it but at least appreciate the fact that there's people on stage singing for you. I'm not a huge fan of 50 or G-Unit but they certainly earned more respect for staying up on stage and stuff.

How do you ignore music, if it's blaring at you from a stage?

And I don't really respect him. I never have, and this won't change anything. To me it seems more that he stayed out there to agrivate the fans more than anything, since the rest of the crew, or unit or whatever crappy name they have threw the bottles back. If there were a mob of people out there who disliked you and your music so badly that they bombarded the stage with bottles, why would you stay out there? Okay, he wanted to do his set, thats fine, but why would they throw the bottles back? Thats just incitement for more trouble, the way I see it.

-_-

EDIT : Not that I'm condoning the crowds actions, they were still fucking stupid.

Edited by Kaneanite

Kaneanite: I think there was a second stage. They all could have migrated there.

The way the video shows it, I'm inclinded to think that 50 Cent's 'crew' were throwing the bottles back in a joking way. They were throwing them with force or anything. But yeah, that was probably a bad idea. :lol:

Oh, and the older 50 Cent stuff is better than his new stuff. And G-Unit still sucks.

That main problem with 50 Cent being on Reading and Leeds, wasn't really because he's there, it was because, not only was he put on the main stage, he was a headliner (Even above Greenday? I don't know I never saw either of them, I spent most of my festival on lesser stages). If he had just been elsewhere I think people would have just left him to do his thing, sure there'd be some guys still being pricks but all in all IMO it would have run smoothly.

Why was he even there in the first place?

Why fuck up an otherwise great festival by having that shit on the main stage? :( What a waste of perfectly good bottles...

They could at least have thrown rocks, like the twats did to Nickelback last month. But bottles? They're slightly useful. Why waste the poor little things by throwing them at shit like that? :(

Poor little bottles...