The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

Guest mr. potato head

Great finish, no need for a clusterfuck finish. Feel bad for Rory, but glad it made for a fun last day.

Hopefully Tiger got the food he was after.

Feel bad for McIlroy and his round of 80, but great job by Charl Schwartzel to win the whole thing. Surprised that Tiger couldn't do anything of note after that incredible front 9, thought he'd beast it through the back 9 as well.

Oh well, great tournament to watch, roll on 2012.

Guest mr. potato head

So sorry for Rory, but what a spectacle.

If I were a newspaper I'd be dreading tomorrow, gonna have to go with 'Green is the new Schwartz'

Charl in Charge seems pretty popular.

Charl played an amazing round today and deserved it, hopefully he can stick around and keep up the play.

Rory will be back, he kinda needed this so he would know what to do in the future.

Tiger's swing is back. Short game still needs work. Gotta feeling that he either is going to take the U.S. Open or the PGA (not both). Once he gets that first win under his belt is when he will probably get it going (hopefully not too much, I would think everyone enjoys when everyone has a chance).

An overzealous security is taking attention away from what was a great day of golf. A reporter from the Bergen Record in New Jersey wasn't allowed into a room to interview Rory McIlyroy because.....you guessed it, she's a woman.

What a joke. Another reporter sent out a tweet earlier saying that the tournament officials didn't even have the guts to actually apologize to her in person for the misunderstanding but sent some PR person instead.

Those of you who aren't aware, Augusta National does not allow Women to join the club. Club officials are denying that the policy had any part in what the security guard but I don't think it is that big of a stretch to assume that the security had that policy in mind.

Edited by sahyder1

I may be in the minority here, but I am disappointed in the result of the result of the day. Don't get me wrong, the back nine was amazing to watch as a non-avid golf fan, and i enjoyed every moment of it. I think at one point, what.....six/seven people were tied for the lead with two or three holes to go. However I have a feeling that I will totally forget about this day in a matter of weeks because of who won. For me, and I am assuming it is that way for a lot of people..... I will struggle to remember this day because of that fact that the winner will more then likely go on to do nothing of major significance. And that is sad considering just how great the day was, if someone of notable success (even outside of Mr Woods such as Adam Scott, KJ Choi, McElroy even) would have won the event, I believe this one have been one of those Masters that you remember for a long time. Instead, I'm afraid it is going to be nothing more then a footnote and the fun day of events in the back nine will be forgotten.

I may be in the minority here, but I am disappointed in the result of the result of the day. Don't get me wrong, the back nine was amazing to watch as a non-avid golf fan, and i enjoyed every moment of it. I think at one point, what.....six/seven people were tied for the lead with two or three holes to go. However I have a feeling that I will totally forget about this day in a matter of weeks because of who won. For me, and I am assuming it is that way for a lot of people..... I will struggle to remember this day because of that fact that the winner will more then likely go on to do nothing of major significance. And that is sad considering just how great the day was, if someone of notable success (even outside of Mr Woods such as Adam Scott, KJ Choi, McElroy even) would have won the event, I believe this one have been one of those Masters that you remember for a long time. Instead, I'm afraid it is going to be nothing more then a footnote and the fun day of events in the back nine will be forgotten.

We will see highlights of McIlroy's collapse for years. Schwartzel is a young guy. He played well in the majors last year. There is no reason why he won't hang around especially now that he has exemptions into a whole bunch of tournaments.

Rory McIlroy might be my new favorite golfer. I've been following him on twitter for a while and he is pretty funny from time to time but he's been pretty cool about yesterday's disaster.

He just posted this picture a little while ago.

275016183.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302560528&Signature=SQFCnOND0Qso65q8GSaEAw9jBXA%3D

The caption reads:

Flying to Malaysia with charl! Glad one of us has a green jacket on!!!

' class="bbc_url">@mcilroyrory

• 2 months later...