The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

Well I take back everything I said. I thought the PGA board had given in to PIF because of the huge amount of money being thrown their way, not realising they were using it to help find a way to bring peace to the Middle East and ease tensions between the USA and terrorist groups.

God bless those heroes. Those courageous, noblest of heroes.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Caught the early part of the final round last night, and after all these years, my boy Rickie is still falling short. :( I'd never heard of Wyndham Clark either.

I haven't really kept in the loop with the sport lately, but reading that Rory's last major win was in 2014 surprised me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

If you're going to take Justin Thomas so that he and Spieth can be on a team together, you should also play them. What a disaster.

And they fend off the Hovland/Hatton to halve. That's why you brought JT. Afternoon fourball appears to be salvaging the day and keeping the US afloat at least.

Edit - Nevermind, we're fucked

10 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

After the Solheim Cup I wasn't going to get carried away by Europes start this morning but after the first day got to be happy with that. Already feels like the US need to win the sessions tomorrow as you don't want to be limiting Europe to something like 4 points in the singles.

It needs to be at minimum 5 for the US tomorrow. That's a tall order.

That eagle from Rahm at the 18th might end up the shot of the weekend. After hearing Rich Beem say "that's clutch!" of JT's short putt to tie minutes before, it felt even sweeter to be honest.

Obviously I'm delighted with the lead Europe have, but I do hope the US keep this interesting into the final day. There's nothing really like the day of Singles at the Ryder Cup.

This front 9... the scoreboard is looking very blue this morning. Yes it's early and a couple of them are fairly close (even if it's at arms length) but another sweep here after yesterdays historical mauling would almost kill it. Of course, in order to make it even more memorable, Europe leading something like 10-2 after three sessions and losing would certainly be sensational!

There is some quality golf on the final day here.  I'm enjoying watching it whilst whiling away a slow day in the office.

Justin Rose is showing grit to stick in against Cantlay, and it looks like Hovland and McIlroy have done their part in the early matches. Nice fightback by Scheffler after yesterday too, but Rahm showed his mettle again to earn a half.

Either way I've really enjoyed this Ryder Cup.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

It's been an enthralling weekend but it looks like Amen Corner has been decisive in The Masters.

As all around have lost their heads, Scottie Scheffler kept his and surely is going to win his second Green Jacket now.