The Thread Where We Discuss Golf

Marcos

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

If the LIV does fall apart, its going to be spectacular. And if it does happen, I hope PGA finds some way to punish anyone it may decide to let back in. How does a 3 to 5 year Masters ban sound?

Impossible, unfortunately. The majors are governed outside of the PGA, which is why all the LIV players have been in them even after they left the PGA. The Masters in particular is entirely invite-only and they'll invite anyone they please, no matter the tour. 

• 7 months later...

I've been enjoying the Masters today, even if Koepka going clear in front and McIlroy missing the cut is about my worst case scenario becoming reality.

Scheffler had a tough round, Day blew up from a promising position down the stretch and with the weather coming in, neither Rahm nor Hovland have been able to pick up any shots yet either.

But Sam Bennett, US Amateur champion, sitting pretty in 2nd place has been phenomenal. I'm glad the commentary started giving him the props he deserves once his second round stayed on it.

• Like 1

I can hear Greg Norman crowing about one of "his" guys winning already.

It'll be interesting to see what they do tomorrow, because trees coming down on unsuspecting watchers doesn't seem like a very safe environment. Thankfully, and perhaps miraculously, nobody has been hurt.

On 07/04/2023 at 15:10, Adam said:

I've been enjoying the Masters today, even if Koepka going clear in front and McIlroy missing the cut is about my worst case scenario becoming reality.

I don't know how you feel about Rahm, but Koepka has really crapped the bed today, at least.

And Jordan Spieth came out kicking ass today. It's a shame he was middle of the road the first three days. 

Lefty dropped big dick on the course today too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I don't know how you feel about Rahm, but Koepka has really crapped the bed today, at least.

And Jordan Spieth came out kicking ass today. It's a shame he was middle of the road the first three days. 

Lefty dropped big dick on the course today too. 

Aye I'm happy with Rahm, he's played really consistently.

I've been saying it's a shame Spieth had such a wobble in Round 3, because that would have been a hell of a run into contention by the end. It's a shame Scheffler left his putting game at home this week too!

• 1 month later...

Screw the PGA Tour vs. LIV Tour drama, give me Michael Block, a 46 year old club pro, tied for 8th after three rounds and getting to play the final round alongside Rory, looking to earn more money in one event than he has in his whole career.

And then hitting a hole-in-one.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I like the analogy that buying the players wasn't getting them anywhere, so LIV just bought the PGA executives instead and got what they wanted.

In many ways it was inevitable, I just didn't see it happening with the PGA folding to LIV like this. Golf is now forever tainted.

• Like 1

A couple of things linked to the same subject: Firstly, I wasn't aware that Jay Monahan had brought the families of the 9/11 victims out as a way to stick it to LIV, only for him to then get paid off by Saudi Arabia. That's disgusting.

But don't worry, here's someone to set a new bar for disgusting.

Bryson DeChambeau suggests 9/11 families should forgive Saudi Arabia - "Nobody's perfect"

4 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

A couple of things linked to the same subject: Firstly, I wasn't aware that Jay Monahan had brought the families of the 9/11 victims out as a way to stick it to LIV, only for him to then get paid off by Saudi Arabia. That's disgusting.

But don't worry, here's someone to set a new bar for disgusting.

Bryson DeChambeau suggests 9/11 families should forgive Saudi Arabia - "Nobody's perfect"

Oh man, that's nothing.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2023/06/08/jimmy-dunne-pga-tour-liv-golf-merger-participation/70301457007/

(Regarding 9/11) "They would want me to do something about it," Dunne said. "And to the degree that we can reach out to people that are different than us (and) share experiences, we might be reducing the chances of some other thing happening, that’s equally horrific, down the road."

• Confused 2